v2+

Reaction score
I am curious if you break the camera and mount can you mount a go pro with a gimbal mount? And no I didn't crash mine(yet)
phaz

phaz said:
I am curious if you break the camera and mount can you mount a go pro with a gimbal mount? And no I didn't crash mine(yet)
phaz
I don't think you would get the video streaming to your iPhone

The GoPro will stream video to your smart phone but not the telemetry. (iosd)

Well that sucks. I guess I won't crash. So is there another way to get data with go pro and android?
Thanks phaz

I don't think that you can get data between the GoPro and Android other than live video and camera control but you can add other components to accomplish telemetry. I'm no expert by any stretch so will have to let others chime in here.
With that said, I'm not sure that everyone needs telemetry considering there are ways to work around it. I can see that it's great for someone wanting to set distance and altitude records but for conventional aerial videography--not so much. I'll probably catch some flak for saying that but I'm always open to "feedback".

npalen said:
I don't think that you can get data between the GoPro and Android other than live video and camera control but you can add other components to accomplish telemetry. I'm no expert by any stretch so will have to let others chime in here.
With that said, I'm not sure that everyone needs telemetry considering there are ways to work around it. I can see that it's great for someone wanting to set distance and altitude records but for conventional aerial videography--not so much. I'll probably catch some flak for saying that but I'm always open to "feedback".
I use the altitude particularly when I can't see my P2V+ To know if I need to go up more, and I use the distance to confirm the Phantom is coming back to me, and the radar to know which direction I'm pointing. And the speed to know if I'm moving the speed I want for smooth video. I would have a very difficult time flying without telemetry when I'm recording video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic