v2.0 vs v3.0

Reaction score
So I have a bad phantom 2 that is going back to dealer today to be exchanged and upgraded to the Phantom vision 2+. What is the difference between the v2.0 and v3.0? This will be a used unit through a major Phantom retailer. There is a $250 price difference.

Thanks for guidance

According to the site where I bought my V3 these seem to be the main differences:

http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phanto ... 1389-p.asp

New Remote Control
The upgraded remote control comes with many new features. A gimbal control dial, trainer port, built-in rechargeable LiPo battery with a capacity of 2000mAh, battery level LED indicators and throttle locking feature that holds the throttle stick in place when descending are all included.

Improved Power
New motors, propellers, and ESCs combine to give you greater thrust and control than ever before. You can load more equipment on your Phantom, and achieve up to 200g/axis of extra thrust when using a 3S LiPo battery with this completely new system.

New Compass
A new, anti-static compass has been developed, with a protective shell to help shield it in any flight conditions

New transmitter with lipo battery, gimbal control wheel, throttle lock. The Phantom has better RF shielding for the GPS, better compass, better (safer) connectors, more powerful motors/ESC/props. Other electronic tweaks to improve reliability. Currently the hot internet anecdote is failure of the ESCs due to wiring that's too small, burns up, motor fails, bird crashes and burns. Hard to know if it's a real problem or a self-selected one. . The most famous examples were v2.0's that were home-retrofitted with the bigger motors. People keep talking about how it's a big problem with the new 3.0 v+ too, but no one is citing any broad-based objective examples.Time will tell. Personally, I'd get the version 3.0 as the upgrades are worth it, but you should read the threads here on burning ESCs and see where it all fits on your risk-tolerance curve

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj