v1.2.6 Firmware forced update

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered. I've read that when DJI releases a new firmware within a few weeks you are forced to update. Is that correct? I remember when the firmware came out there were tons of complains - but now they appear to have subsided, how is that possible?

Also, I plan on flying 600km/400 miles away from my standard location, and plan on doing an IMU and compass calibration. Any tips for finding a perfectly level surface where there is no concrete/metal around? It's harder than I thought it would be!

Also has anybody had any issues at flying at cold temperature (-5c / 22 farenheight)? Only concern really is the battery but i'm confident it should be fine.

I've read that when DJI releases a new firmware within a few weeks you are forced to update. Is that correct?
That is not correct. You do not have to update. If you choose to update though, there is no way to revert.

No point or need to do an IMU calibration. Just do a compass cal if you travel 100 miles or more from the previous location you did a compass cal.

No point or need to do an IMU calibration. Just do a compass cal if you travel 100 miles or more from the previous location you did a compass cal.
I traveled 400 miles away and forgot to calibrate it there... It was still stable on 1.1.9

Apologies if this has been covered. I've read that when DJI releases a new firmware within a few weeks you are forced to update. Is that correct? I remember when the firmware came out there were tons of complains - but now they appear to have subsided, how is that possible?

Also, I plan on flying 600km/400 miles away from my standard location, and plan on doing an IMU and compass calibration. Any tips for finding a perfectly level surface where there is no concrete/metal around? It's harder than I thought it would be!

Also has anybody had any issues at flying at cold temperature (-5c / 22 farenheight)? Only concern really is the battery but i'm confident it should be fine.

You do not need to worry so much about were you do an IMU calibration as that only sets the level measurement of the device. It only should be done when you get it new, if you crash or firmware update.

Video on how to do the IMU as well as Gimbal calibration.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers