v1.1.1 not acquiring any GPS satellites

Reaction score
I've got a v1.1.1 Phantom. Everything seems to work just fine with it other than it won't acquire any GPS satellites. The red LED just keeps blinking three times.

I took the GPS module from another v1.1.1 and plugged it into this Phantom. It locked the GPS satellites without any problems. So it looks like the issue is with the GPS module on the original Phantom.

My question is whether there's anything I should try before purchasing a new GPS module.

I think so, but I just looked online and see that a replacement GPS module is $160. Wow. Would like to try and fix this one - if at all possible.

Inspect the GPS board, if the square antenna on it is cracked, I've read that you can replace that yourself for $20 in parts (takes a tiny bit of soldering).

OI Photography said:
Inspect the GPS board, if the square antenna on it is cracked, I've read that you can replace that yourself for $20 in parts (takes a tiny bit of soldering).

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out tomorrow - and check for cold solder joints as well.

Decided to just go and check. Everything looks fine with the GPS board. No cracks or any cold solder joints.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj