Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

v1.1.1 Dual antenna photo needed pls

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by discv, May 29, 2014.

1. discv

As the title- anyone got a shot of this receiver - I'm try to see how it is wired to the Naza.

Seems a daft question I know, but the board is not marked in any way to indicate the orientation of the servo wires.

2. ElGuano

If you get it wrong, you'll get rapid yellow flashing on startup (the same as if you have no RX connected at all). So try one way, then the other :)

I've heard it's the shorter 3-pin servo lead that should go to X2, the longer to X1. The connector should be keyed so it only fits one way. But ground (brown) at the top, V+ (red) in the middle, signal (orange) at the bottom.

3. discv

You've neatly summed the problem ;)

A replacement Rx does not come with any servo leads.
    The 2x 3 pin board connectors are not keyed or marked in any way.

I am still struggling with trying to get a v1.1.1 Rx to work with an off shelf Naza [in a 450 build]
    Helipal are saying that they cannot get this pairing to work either. But it should.
    DJI support tell me that a v1.1.1 will only work with a Phantom Naza.

:?

4. ElGuano

Can you post a pic of what you have?

I think there may be a bit of confusion with DJI support. I haven't tried this exact combo myself, but a 1.1.1 rx should be able to work with with a standard Naza-m v2, because that is what comes with the 1.1.1. If you have a phantom 2 rx, all bets are off until you confirm personally because the p2 comes with a "phantom Naza" that is locked to certain hardware.

I have a v1.1 rx (single ant) on a f450 that I bind and control using a phantom tx. It should be the same with the 1.1.1 as long as you have the newer rev d-bus tx.

Oh, Did you try to bind the tx?

Edit; I think i get the problem: you don't know what orientation to attach/create the servo connections?

Both connectors should have ground facing the battery. V+ is in the middle:

[​IMG]

5. discv

Thanks for your time Elguano.

I think this photo confirms I have a v1.1.1 Rx- the P2 has a big gap between the servo connections on the board.
    I believe that I have X1 & X2 reversed at the naza at this point.

What happens is that the Rx will bind- but on powering down it losses memory of that bind.

Helipal have found the same issue. They reckon they have a faulty batch. They are sending a DR16 gratis :)

DJI insist that there is nothing wrong- and that the v1.1.1 Rx only works on a P1 Naza.

Attached Files:

6. syotr

Does anyone know if the 1.1.1 receiver will work with a NAZA lite?

7. discv

If we are able to establish that the dual antenna should work with Naza v2- then I am sure it should work with Lite.

8. ElGuano

I don't know about the lite, as long as it supports dbus, it should work...

And since the Naza-m v2 in the 1.1.1 (or any phantom 1) is the same as what you have on your f450, I don't know what to make of DJI's advice :)