V01.04.0602 Update for Those of You That Had Problems

Reaction score
I ran the update last week and had major issues with lost signal every 2 seconds and no video or broken video. I down graded the AC and flew at the in-laws with a semi sick bird but got the job done.

My update last week: AC, Android Phone Go 4 but no update for RC.

Today I wanted to re-investigate. To my surprise there was Another update for Go 4! Updated AC with Assistant 2. Started up everything and BOOM! Required RC update so I updated the RC. Everything is GREAT now (haven't done a test flight).

So if you had these issues, check your Go 4 and make sure there is not another update.

4.1.2 is the latest GO4 update. Other app updates are flowing in now too. Autopilot, GS Pro... Do the lot and cross your fingers.

I'll sit back and wait a while I think... Let some other bunny do the beta testing this time with the problematic firmware...

If we all took that attitude, nothing would get updated and we would still be using chisel & stones:eek:

I'm not so sure it was "problematic firmware" but a roll out problem (since there are so many pieces RC, AC & phone app to update). Some updates may require other pieces to have an update to work together. I don't know what happened to mine but I only had a short time to work on it.

Send an update with some good improvements/changes....I'll be the guinea pig!

I have updated my phantom 4 Pro yesterday and all went well. Used ,4 full batteries flying with it and not a single issue, I am surprised ;) I had a lot of issues in the update through, failed transmission, etc.

I updated too, no issues except on 5.8GHz I start to lose signal at 300 meters. How is your range?
My P4P is brand new. First day. All FW is up to date and I can't fly more than 500 meters without losing video transmission. IPhone 7 Plus, Go4 app, all updated FW.

I had similar problems, tried several things (changing cable to iPhone, different iPhones and iPads, firmware reinstall and IMU calibration) then I saw a video where a tech explained how the remote control uses channels up to 19 I think, whatever the case, I MANUALLY switch to channel 20 and no more lag or breakup - this made sense because when I would pan the camera while airborne the image would lag or breakup, a clear indication the instructions to the Phantom were interfering with the transmission of the video downlink from the bird - something to try!

Enjoy your new bird! Suggest you add the navigation lights that are readily available - I have a white strobe mounted to the front and a red strobe on the battery, all with quick velcro mount - they are tiny and really help locate the phantom in the sky - also required by FAA for dawn/dusk flights
This is where I got mine, not connected to these people but very satisfied with these lights so I don't mind tipping my hat to them!

Drone UAS UAV Quadcopter LED Strobe Light

Reactions: Freddy4130
I had similar problems, tried several things (changing cable to iPhone, different iPhones and iPads, firmware reinstall and IMU calibration) then I saw a video where a tech explained how the remote control uses channels up to 19 I think, whatever the case, I MANUALLY switch to channel 20 and no more lag or breakup - this made sense because when I would pan the camera while airborne the image would lag or breakup, a clear indication the instructions to the Phantom were interfering with the transmission of the video downlink from the bird - something to try!

Enjoy your new bird! Suggest you add the navigation lights that are readily available - I have a white strobe mounted to the front and a red strobe on the battery, all with quick velcro mount - they are tiny and really help locate the phantom in the sky - also required by FAA for dawn/dusk flights
This is where I got mine, not connected to these people but very satisfied with these lights so I don't mind tipping my hat to them!

Drone UAS UAV Quadcopter LED Strobe Light
Just tried it out. Set to manual and chose the station with the least amount of noise. Oddly, channel 20. Video quality was terrible and same thing happened at around 400 meters. I have tried three different FW configs. This is the second drone in a row. Just exchanged one for this one for doing the same thing. Leads me to believe it must be a settings issue. I can't be unlucky enough to get two bad ones, bought from two different best buys two weeks apart, hahaa!

at least you buy where you can easily return or exchange - i had the P4P+ and it had horrible downlink connection - i thought it was the screen, but then I experienced the same thing with the exchange P4P - I feel your pain . . .

Reactions: Freddy4130
at least you buy where you can easily return or exchange - i had the P4P+ and it had horrible downlink connection - i thought it was the screen, but then I experienced the same thing with the exchange P4P - I feel your pain . . .
For sure. I don't really like buying from best buy because of the extra cost in taxes and all that but you CAN just walk in and exchange things with no issue as long as it's actually defective. I'll try a few more things once I get DJI on the chat tomorrow night. If this one does not work, I will return it also with no shame haha.

I'll sit back and wait a while I think... Let some other bunny do the beta testing this time with the problematic firmware...
It is a smart move to wait !!! I had a chance to test the new Firmware a second time at my Daughter and Son-in-law’s house today (about 20 miles away from mine) and the firmware was acting weird as it had when initially loaded … wouldn’t hover solidly and there was virtually no wind … also the warnings about a small airport was causing other strange errors when only flying 60 ft. off of the ground … and there was no airport within 7 miles of my location and it is VERY small. The constant "interference warnings with phones", etc. Soooo, back on the previous Firmware in both the RC and AC as loaded previously. The latest firmware is obviously NOT for prime-time use anywhere yet, by any P4P+ users in it’s current state, which has proven once again to be horrible !!! Witness all of the posts about the many issues it has exhibited ... I have too much moola invested to fly with firmware that is NOT reliable ... I'll wait for a proven-by-users version to be re-released.

Reactions: Phantom_Menace66

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic