V+ v3 RC Gimbal wheel problem?

Reaction score
I just received my new Vision + v3 and have upraded both the RC and phantom through the assistant software. I noticed when I use the gimbal wheel on the RC the camera will move down fairly quickly but very slowly when you bring it back up. It also is somewhat twitchy as you start to move the wheel. I first thought there was something wrong with the gimbal but since I found that when adjusting the gimbal using the app (touch screen) it moves smoothly up and down and also at the same speed. I now fell like the problem is with the RC wheel. BTW I haven't flown this bird yet as I'm still checking everything out.

I tried calibrating the wheel with the assistant software but it appears to be a faulty RC. My first quad so I really would appreciate any help that you guys could provide.

Well, I solved this problem. It was something about calibrating but I really don't know what I did different this time. I went back and calibrated using the RC software and it works smoothly now!

I had this exact issue, scroll wheel on RC made the Gimbal twitchy when moving camera up and down, but iPhone it worked perfectly. Recalibrated with RC software (Mac) and now it works as expected. The trick I did was after clicking the calibrate button in the software, I did the scroll wheel first - slowly turning it up and then slowly letting it return to center and then slowly turning it down and slowly letting it return back up to center. Then I did the sticks, and clicked finish.

Now the wheel is no longer twitchy. Also note that I had to update my newer version of the RC to a software update that failed the first time. And then after the update is when the RC wheel started acting funny.

All is good now, thanks to this thread and others I have read here on this forum. THANKS!

Here are detailed instructions on to calibrate the remote controller:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Curious - why after calibrating with the RC software, do you have to calibrate again with the Phantom software?

Thanks for that video BTW! That is the first time I have seen anyone do a video on these from a Mac! Made my day. :D

msinger said:
Here are detailed instructions on to calibrate the remote controller:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwvbmB5r3w[/youtube]

ChristoHD, I'm not sure why the double calibration is always recommended. I know it works well though :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic