V P S talking

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Hi just a question has anyone ever heard there sonar clicking on p4 ,happen today not heard before went to fly and heard something picked it up and it was clicking hard out i even showed a friend that was with me,made me laugh when he said the whales will save it when it hits the water ,didnt do again after charge for next flight,,could it be faulty,any way to test,or nothing to worrie about,

Hi just a question has anyone ever heard there sonar clicking on p4 ,happen today not heard before went to fly and heard something picked it up and it was clicking hard out i even showed a friend that was with me,made me laugh when he said the whales will save it when it hits the water ,didnt do again after charge for next flight,,could it be faulty,any way to test,or nothing to worrie about,
Surprised you can hear anything over the noise of the props! Nothing obstructing the sensors? Waiting for the wind to drop at the moment to try and replicate your experience, as for the whales, nearest one to me is where you live.... :)

Surprised you can hear anything over the noise of the props! Nothing obstructing the sensors? Waiting for the wind to drop at the moment to try and replicate your experience, as for the whales, nearest one to me is where you live.... :)
Yeh was unusuall noise that why i heard ,was idiling ready to take when i hear shut down staight away to see what up and vps was making that click like i say i never come across that before,other people with me could hear aswell,,hope it not begining of the end ,

Yeh was unusuall noise that why i heard ,was idiling ready to take when i hear shut down staight away to see what up and vps was making that click like i say i never come across that before,other people with me could hear aswell,,hope it not begining of the end ,
I'm thinking that since the VPS is an electronic sensor, that there are no mechanical sounds that could emanate from it. Weird, and if you changed batteries and it didnt recur, no idea. Heading out shortly to give it a try.

I'm thinking that since the VPS is an electronic sensor, that there are no mechanical sounds that could emanate from it. Weird, and if you changed batteries and it didnt recur, no idea. Heading out shortly to give it a try.
Been reading p4 disclamer under vpssays keep pets awayfrom aircraft when vps is activated as sonar sensors emit a high frequency sound that is audible to some pets oh man does that mean i live with animals

Reactions: tevek
Been reading p4 disclamer under vpssays keep pets awayfrom aircraft when vps is activated as sonar sensors emit a high frequency sound that is audible to some pets oh man does that mean i live with animals
Haha, I just took mine on a quick flight and could hear squat except for the props. I actually landed next to two kangaroos that sort of live here. The joey took off into the bush and mum just sat there whilst I took a photo or two. Weird. The chooks don't like the phantom, so maybe it's only egg laying animals that are affected?

Haha, I just took mine on a quick flight and could hear squat except for the props. I actually landed next to two kangaroos that sort of live here. The joey took off into the bush and mum just sat there whilst I took a photo or two. Weird. The chooks don't like the phantom, so maybe it's only egg laying animals that are affected?

Sweet doesent bother me dog either ,if happens again i will record,,,envy your flying area must be nice out there just happen to rain here last hour so next flight tommorow for me , :)

image.jpeg
Sweet doesent bother me dog either ,if happens again i will record,,,envy your flying area must be nice out there just happen to rain here last hour so next flight tommorow for me , :)
Yeah, it's pretty neat, there is a storm coming and the wind is picking up, so no more flying today.

The VPS sonar is mechanical.. There are two screened sensors side by side on the bottom front of the drone. One is a speaker that transmits a sound wave. The wave bounces off the ground and is picked up by the other sensor which is a microphone.

The time it takes for the sound to leave the speaker and bounce back to the microphone is used to compute the distance from the ground.

While it's supposed to be ultrasonic, many can hear the sonar's 'tic tic ticking' sound if you put your ear near the front of the drone. The props don't have to be spinning. (And shouldn't be spinning if you have your ear next to it :) )

The VPS sonar is mechanical.. There are two screened sensors side by side on the bottom front of the drone. One is a speaker that transmits a sound wave. The wave bounces off the ground and is picked up by the other sensor which is a microphone.

The time it takes for the sound to leave the speaker and bounce back to the microphone is used to compute the distance from the ground.

While it's supposed to be ultrasonic, many can hear the sonar's 'tic tic ticking' sound if you put your ear near the front of the drone. The props don't have to be spinning. (And shouldn't be spinning if you have your ear next to it :) )
Good info cheers ,mine could be heard standing away from it i didnt have to hold to ear to hear that ,that why i posted just in case something not right ,and even stanger that other people could hear from at least 4ft away,its not done it today ,i even lifted off over some cardbord like utube clip and slowly moved cardboard to the side ,drone stayed put ,in vidio it followed the board when it was moved,sound right,

Good info cheers ,mine could be heard standing away from it i didnt have to hold to ear to hear that ,that why i posted just in case something not right ,and even stanger that other people could hear from at least 4ft away,its not done it today ,i even lifted off over some cardbord like utube clip and slowly moved cardboard to the side ,drone stayed put ,in vidio it followed the board when it was moved,sound right,
Im actually thinking vps fauty after watching and trying like on utube

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4