V+ Lens hood seller

Reaction score
I have looked through posts here and can't find the thread with suppliers.

Anyone used one and how well did it work?

Who sells them?

I bought the one in msinger's 2nd link. Works well, but not perfect, as it's not quite long enough on the top to prevent the props from casting shadows on the lens in a few cases.

Sliding it all the way back against the camera body keeps the hood from showing in the widest video settings. For narrow video, I can slide it forward somewhat, but if I take a still picture with it forward, the top petal shows in the photo.

It also needs a rubber band or tape to hold it securely.

Anyone made a polarized lens filter yet?

I've seen them for the vision but not vision plus.

fastsmiles is working on a lens filter.

I'm trying a new DIY experiment. I found on eBay that you can order precision cut one-inch diameter circles of polarized filter film ($14.00) . (Search on ContourHD polarized filter) I also purchased an extra stock lens cap for the P2V+ ($3.00). Using a 5/8" spade bit I cut the center out of the lens cap. Now I can slide the polarized disk into the cap and slide the cap on to the camera. It does not seem to be too heavy for gimbal system but flight time will be the real test.

I might be able to test it this weekend if the weather cooperates. Otherwise I will be flying it in the Bahamas Feb 5 - 15.

Attachments

• IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_3101.jpg
    IMG_3101.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_3098.jpg
    IMG_3098.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 385

Recent Posts

Members online