v 1.1.1 or v 1.2

Hiway said:
their story is that so many NAZA V2's were in demand with limited stock in the very beginning, they were just using V1 shells with V2 guts... does that sound right? I also am curious about future iOSD capabilities, and anything that may not be truly compatible with the V1 shell.

Believe it or not, that's actually true. My old v1.1 is like that--NAZA-M V2 hardware in a NAZA-M V1 shell. The only way you can really tell the difference without opening it up is 1) there is no red LED light emitting from INSIDE the NAZA module itself, and 2) if you buy a Naza-M LED V2 module, it works when plugged into the LED port of the Naza.

I still don't like the fact that retailers will advertise it as having a V2 and sell with a V1 shell (good luck trying to get V2 prices if you resell the FC separately) but functionally, they should be identical.

ElGuano said:
Hiway said:
their story is that so many NAZA V2's were in demand with limited stock in the very beginning, they were just using V1 shells with V2 guts... does that sound right? I also am curious about future iOSD capabilities, and anything that may not be truly compatible with the V1 shell.

Believe it or not, that's actually true. My old v1.1 is like that--NAZA-M V2 hardware in a NAZA-M V1 shell. The only way you can really tell the difference without opening it up is 1) there is no red LED light emitting from INSIDE the NAZA module itself, and 2) if you buy a Naza-M LED V2 module, it works when plugged into the LED port of the Naza.

I still don't like the fact that retailers will advertise it as having a V2 and sell with a V1 shell (good luck trying to get V2 prices if you resell the FC separately) but functionally, they should be identical.

Ditto on my 1.2, new guts + old casing.

pez63 said:
750r said:
Self Tightening props , bind button inside the battery compartment , 2 antennas on the bird , gimbal lever on the back of the controller ,.
Who is the seller ?

Amazon. OK, assuming I receive the correct version 1.1.1 tomorrow (otherwise it's going back), what do I need to do first? I downloaded the quickstart guide. I have been searching on the forum for a 1st flight checklist. I want to be fully prepared. I've been practicing my flying for 2 months with a Hubsan X4 and can fly it pretty well now so decided to make the leap.

No videos anymore on the DJI site. Is there a better way to start out than the quickstart guide?

Training videos here; https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... DhzR2E0Rnc

ElGuano said:

OI Photography said:
Ditto on my 1.2, new guts + old casing.

I feel much better now- and while I wouldn't believe it from Dronefly, I have faith in these 2 resources posted above, so that is a non issue for me now.

Many thanks fellas.

Thanks all for the video links. Today Amazon delivered a brand spanking new Phantom 1 v 1.1.1 plus two extra batteries and prop guards. The first battery is taking forever to charge! The prop guards were all white ones (thought I had seen them where front ones were red...) so I got some Krylon designed for plastic and have spray painted the front two guards red. Should assist me with orientation.

I can see I am going to want to order another charger or two so that I can charge multiple batteries simultaneously. Recommendations, please?

Thanks - Paul

pez63 said:
Thanks all for the video links. Today Amazon delivered a brand spanking new Phantom 1 v 1.1.1 plus two extra batteries and prop guards. The first battery is taking forever to charge! The prop guards were all white ones (thought I had seen them where front ones were red...) so I got some Krylon designed for plastic and have spray painted the front two guards red. Should assist me with orientation.

I can see I am going to want to order another charger or two so that I can charge multiple batteries simultaneously. Recommendations, please?

Thanks - Paul

Like most LiPo's, the Phantom's battery can only be charged so fast (2.2Amps is the safe cap), so even an expensive charger wouldn't save you much time with one. However, if you want to charge more than one at a time, you'll be better off just getting a decent basic charger and a parallel charging board.

This is the charger I use: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/sto ... ories.html

It will need a power supply, I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TU ... UTF8&psc=1

And this is an example of the parallel board you can use with that charger (or many others) to charge more than one batt at a time: http://www.buddyrc.com/paraboard-v2-xh-xt60.html

That Accucel 6 charger can push out up to 6A, so you could easily charge 2 Phantom batts at max rate, or 3 at nearly that.

Excellent, thank you. I was unaware of the parallel charging board. That sounds like just what I am going to want. I am going to see if I can find all three of those items available in the US and hopefully from one place to save on some shipping charges. This first charge is now over 5 hours and still blinking red/green. I was hoping to get the firmware updated and get a first flight in today but only have another hour or two of light. Thanks - Paul

pez63 said:
Excellent, thank you. I was unaware of the parallel charging board. That sounds like just what I am going to want. I am going to see if I can find all three of those items available in the US and hopefully from one place to save on some shipping charges. This first charge is now over 5 hours and still blinking red/green. I was hoping to get the firmware updated and get a first flight in today but only have another hour or two of light. Thanks - Paul

I don't know if any place in the US carries all 3 of those, but Hobby King does have the charger in the US warehouse too: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

And Amazon does carry the parallel board in addition to the power supply (in fact this is the one I bought come to think of it): http://www.amazon.com/Paraboard-Paralle ... ging+board

So at least you can get 2/3 from one place :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl