UV Filter Glass Replacment - Has Anyone Been Able to Replace It...?

I would like to see that! Also, does anyone know of any good links to operating with a film mindset? Like how to set up shots that look cinematic?

I would like to see that! Also, does anyone know of any good links to operating with a film mindset? Like how to set up shots that look cinematic?
Search my thread on camera settings some guy posted. Got me almost there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Search my thread on camera settings some guy posted. Got me almost there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I did see that, I think I am looking more for professionals in the field who show how they operate the controls and what to be looking for in technical shots. I see a lot of people with strong drone understanding, but for filming purposes they aren't always as good.

I received the gopro lens. Removed it from the plastic shell and have noted it's just a tad bit small. I attempted to super glue it in place, but made a bit of a mess and in turn removed it and cleaned it up. The O ring holds it in place but not very securely. Need a glue solution that doesn't make a mess on the lens. I believe there's a glue that dries perfectly clear - just need to find it or a slightly bigger piece of round glass. [emoji2]

Mark.

I received the gopro lens. Removed it from the plastic shell and have noted it's just a tad bit small. I attempted to super glue it in place, but made a bit of a mess and in turn removed it and cleaned it up. The O ring holds it in place but not very securely. Need a glue solution that doesn't make a mess on the lens. I believe there's a glue that dries perfectly clear - just need to find it or a slightly bigger piece of round glass. [emoji2]

Mark.
Did you try putting it on before adding the glue? Mine friction fit in perfectly without the need of glue. I left the ring of black glue residue on it to hold it in place while I tightened the ring on and then it held on by that tension.

I removed the the black residue in hopes of making it as clean as possible. Seems the glass has to be lined up just right or a gap is left. My hope with the use of some glue, was that I could secure it in place permanently.

Mark.

Hi Thomas
If you've gone through YolevonALLin's thread, you'll find out a lot on camera settings for a certain look to your shots, but I presume you're actually looking for how to set up those shots. Much of what applies to cameras on the ground applies to cameras in the air when it comes to setting up shots. Search YouTube for "basic camera shots".
Here's one specifically for aerial video that might get you started. Ignore that they used the Blade 350 QX3. The platform doesn't matter, it's the technique. There's some good, basic ideas here.
The key to operating with a film mindset is simple...plan your shots. And get a good catering company.
Okay, that's two things. (mmmmm, donuts) :)
And while you're at it, have fun, 'cause a P3 is way more enjoyable to operate than a steadycam.

So I was able to glue the gopro glass in w/out making a mess on the glass. Almost perfectly centered. I've measured the glass and the lens ring. The gopro lens is just a tad bit too small. I was able to find some replacement glass, watch glass seems to be what's available in the correct size.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436683859.248654.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436684052.975761.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436684202.681081.jpg

So I was able to glue the gopro glass in w/out making a mess on the glass. Almost perfectly centered. I've measured the glass and the lens ring. The gopro lens is just a tad bit too small. I was able to find some replacement glass, watch glass seems to be what's available in the correct size. View attachment 24608View attachment 24609View attachment 24610
That glass looks different than mine does. Do you think maybe the non gopro brand one is different? Like I said in the video I bought an official go pro one and there is no way it is coming out, it fits perfectly.

It's possible the glass is different. I scraped all the black stuff off of mine when I removed it from the original holder.

The glass I used is a bit small. I put super glue on the inside of the P3 holder and let it tack up some. I then dropped the glass in it. Because it's a bit small you have to try to get it centered or it will have a gap on one side. I have a very small gap in that I didn't want to move the glass around and get glue all over it. The o-ring on the inside covers the gap to prevent dust from entering on to the lens.

I've created a nice backup lens in the event I break my current one. I still need to do some comparison shots to see if there's any new benefits (I kind of doubt it as it looks like regular glass).

Thanks for a great idea. [emoji1][emoji106][emoji1][emoji106]

Mark.

That glass looks different than mine does. Do you think maybe the non gopro brand one is different? Like I said in the video I bought an official go pro one and there is no way it is coming out, it fits perfectly.
Curious, why do you say the glass looks differently?

Mark.

Mark.

Mark. How about a dab of hot glue. ??

The super glue I used has the lens solidly in place at this point. I'm thinking that Sudbury's lens ring being slightly bent may be why his glass fits tightly. I completely scrapped my glass clean and opted to not leave the black residue on it.

The glass lens I received is slightly smaller than the ring so it takes some finesse to get it as centered as possible. I'm happy with my backup lens - hopefully I'll never need it [emoji12]

Mark.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20