Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Using VR/FPV Head-Tracking goggles with Litchi - which to buy?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by SpaceDan, Jun 17, 2016.

1. SpaceDan

Litchi just announced that Virtual Reality (VR) is now compatible with iOS (iphone/ipad). On their website Help - Litchi they recommend these goggles for VR:
    Does anyone have experience using any of these with head tracking (VR)?

Thanks!

2. gavcuk

I watched this and ordered the Blitzwolf. Arriving tmw. I think there are several that are the same just different branding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. gavcuk

4. JohnMoore

Reddit r/googlecardboard seems to highly recommend the BoboVR Z4. Anyone have any experience with those?

5. Technikal

I have ordered a FPV googles , cheap ones from eBay , once I got them , will try with Linchi and report back

6. Erised

I have VR Box 2 and trying just to mirror my tablet image on my Samsung s3 phone with split screen....no luck yet. I tested the image with 3D apps and the image is very good. I want to be able to run GO on my tablet and put on the goggles when I get out there. The problem I see with running all on your phone is if a situation arises the you need to punch commands in GO you have to pull the phone out. I got the Bluetooth rc for the phone but maneuvering on the screen is not easy. Last month I had a critical warning and the aircraft will land NOW ! What NOW.. like right now WTF . I was able to cancel and safely fly home. The bird was fine, I just flew into a hell of a wind front and the barometer when ballistic, showed max altitude over 5000 feet. For this type of situation I don't want to have GO on my face in case of emergencies.

Doink and Technikal like this.
  7. gavcuk

Seems buggy. I've not had much success with my first flight. Screen froze then when restarted the app it wouldn't connect to the Phantom