Using the map

Reaction score
I'm using a iPad air2 wifi only device. When at a location will the map update to that location without there being a wifi connection being available? If the map can't be update at a location then how can a correct map be provided? I've seen where you can connect via a phone hotspot but also many people recommend putting the iPad into airplane mode thus rendering the hotspot connection no good. The whole thing is confusing. Any help will be appreciated very much.

I'm using a iPad air2 wifi only device. When at a location will the map update to that location without there being a wifi connection being available? If the map can't be update at a location then how can a correct map be provided? I've seen where you can connect via a phone hotspot but also many people recommend putting the iPad into airplane mode thus rendering the hotspot connection no good. The whole thing is confusing. Any help will be appreciated very much.
Connect your Ipad using a phone as a hotspot, let the app load and cache the map, once you have the map on the app, turn off the hot spot on your phone, put your Ipad on Airplane mode and fly-- on airplane mode it wont be picking up and local wifi interference.

Connect your Ipad using a phone as a hotspot, let the app load and cache the map, once you have the map on the app, turn off the hot spot on your phone, put your Ipad on Airplane mode and fly-- on airplane mode it wont be picking up and local wifi interference.
I've tried something like that but instead of loading the new location map the map from the previous flight location just sits there. Do I need to do something to initiate loading of the new location map?

While in wifi and in the Go app open your map. You'll see that your "Homepoint" has been established. Now move to where you want to fly. (This is called caching the map). Once you're satisfied with the location, leave the map you set on & turn off the Go app. Turn on Airplane Mode on your iPad. Next time you turn it on, you'll be in that location & your NEW Homepoint will be established when you're at that location & ready to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1