Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Using the fine my phantom app

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lawman0210, Nov 14, 2015.

1. lawman0210

I lost it in a wooded area. The app shows me right on top of it but its nowhere to be found. Am I supposed to have the tip as the location or the circle in the middle of the pin as the location?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Your P2V ? That's just the last spot the app had contact with it . Could be right there or not .
    Have used that twice and one time it was spot on but liked to never saw it as it was in the top of a cedar tree and the other it was over 1/2 mile away
    Had a tracker on it too but was trying that feature in the app .
    On a P2V

3. AzDroner

You have to figure out which direction it was going when you lost track of it. It could have gone quite a ways further in that direction more or less. How did it get lost?

4. lawman0210

Great. Guess I will be selling a ton of P2 batteries

5. AzDroner

So exactly what happened, how did it get itself lost?

6. lawman0210

I have know idea. As of late it's been having video feed issues. I took it out on my usual trek and was only 1/3 the distance. I clipped the afternoon sun and lost it for a second and then I had video feed drop. I should have froze and waited to see if it regained at least video so I could bring it back but I tried to bring it back into connection with what I thought was reversing the course. Never got the feed back. The find my phantom program has it to be about where I lost it visually but I went all around the area and according to the app I was right on top of it. We have 60 ft or taller oak trees out there so with my luck it's hanging on to a branch. I'm look the next few days and if I don't find it I will wait until we have so big winds again then go check the surrounding ground

7. Fplvert

Print a google earth screenshot of the area you lost your bird. This might help you when you go back. Good luck!

dirkclod likes this.
  8. DreamsHD

If all fails finding it, I might buy some hope it's not too soon to ask