Using the App while not connected to the phantom

Reaction score
Is their anyway around caching maps while not connected to the Phantom? I always find it a PITA the App will only work if the Phantom is connected to it. I would like to cache maps and do other things without having to turn my P3P on. Anyway to do it or am I just missing something?

Thanks

If you have an Android device, you can cache the maps in the Google Maps app. You must be connected to your Phantom if you want to cache them from DJI GO.

If you have an Android device, you can cache the maps in the Google Maps app. You must be connected to your Phantom if you want to cache them from DJI GO.
I'm noo also. My P3A arrives in two days! I will be using an iPad Air 2. You mentioned Android, do I need to use Google Maps as well. I have it installed.
Thanks in advance.

For Apple devices, you should cache the maps from within the DJI GO app.

Reactions: FASTFJR
On my iPad Mini 2 on which I haven't updated the Go app since version 2.2.0, I can enter the app without connecting to the P3. I can also cache the maps in the app without being connected to the Phantom. The map persists even after force closing the app and powering the iPad off/on. Turn airplane mode on (wifi off) before reentering the app to avoid wiping the cache.

On my iPhone 6 with the latest app version, I can't get into the app without connecting to the Phantom. That's an issue that has seemed to come and go randomly through various Go App updates.

Thanks, shame you can't doing without being connected to the Phantom
I did it today. I flew 45 miles from home today. Last night, I opened up app on my iPad mini & clicked on the map, scrolled over to the area I was going to be at today. I showed up at the university I was photographing their stadium & the map was there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4