Using solar cells to charge the Phantom batteries in mid flight.

These might be in the future but now impossible. The weight plus the drag brought by the Solar Panels might create resistance and might use more power to fly our drone. However, if we have small panel that are highly efficient with higher capacity in small package, why not? But for now law of Physics apply.

I need drones for my experimentation. I am attaching wings to P3 to increase flight times. Can anyone donate if you are not intending to use it?

Principle is very simple. Gliders can remain up in the air for hours without any battery or gas power.
Can't donate you one, but I had this same Idea.

The only thing is that when you fly forward the back of the craft lifts up which makes the wing angle wrong for forward flight. The wings would be trying to force the craft to go down in forward flight. Not to mention the wind turbulence affect with wings. I think if the wings were to big, the bird would flip.

Someone should invent a drone that has the motors on the wings (like a B52 bomber) The wings should pivot with in sync with the sticks on the controller.

Take off (left stick up) the wings move vertical,
Go foward ( right stick up ) wings move horizontal
Go down ( left stick down) wings move vertical
Go back ( right stick down ) wings roll back

Someone should invent a drone that has the motors on the wings (like a B52 bomber) The wings should pivot with in sync with the sticks on the controller.

There are several of these hybrids on the market already.

There are several of these hybrids on the market already.
Please put the links here. It would be interesting to watch innovations.

I don't mine and store links typically for such adverts.

The only one I have seen is a fixed wing with that has 3 motors. 2 up on either side of the nose that pivot and one that is bach near the tail.

The only trouble is you have to fly it like a rc controlled plane once it is at altitude.

One that has pivoting wings would fly more like a quad.

what is a good portable charger the charges the Phantom battery fast and is there one that can charge a battery in about 30 min?

what is a good portable charger the charges the Phantom battery fast and is there one that can charge a battery in about 30 min?
At current efficiency levels 1 square metre of solar cells will produce around 600 watt hours total on a good day. A P3 battery is 68wh from memory. You also have to allow for losses in the charger and inverter.

You can’t charge a P3 battery from empty in 30min no matter how much juice is available from the supply, charge time is limited by the board and is around 1 hour from a low charge level.

At current efficiency levels 1 square metre of solar cells will produce around 600 watt hours total on a good day. A P3 battery is 68wh from memory. You also have to allow for losses in the charger and inverter.

You can’t charge a P3 battery from empty in 30min no matter how much juice is available from the supply, charge time is limited by the board and is around 1 hour from a low charge level.

Thanks for the update on current cell output; something I have wondered but did not take time to find out.

I would be mighty surprised if dji made such a significant total design change to their smart batteries from my P2v3+ ones. There is ZERO current limiting going on, thus no charge time limiting - just an on/.off FET switch and voltage monitoring. So, at least on my P2 batts, if I wanted to charge in 30 minutes, I could; I choose to go the other way tho and charge even slower than normal at 2 amps - all my 3 yr old batteries have more capacity today than new.

Thanks for the update on current cell output; something I have wondered but did not take time to find out.

I would be mighty surprised if dji made such a significant total design change to their smart batteries from my P2v3+ ones. There is ZERO current limiting going on, thus no charge time limiting - just an on/.off FET switch and voltage monitoring. So, at least on my P2 batts, if I wanted to charge in 30 minutes, I could; I choose to go the other way tho and charge even slower than normal at 2 amps - all my 3 yr old batteries have more capacity today than new.
Prepare to be mighty surprised....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers