Using Smartphone For FPV

Reaction score
Ok, yet another newbie question. I will be using my Samsung Galaxy Note II as my monitor while flying. What happens if you get a phone call while you are mid flight? Will this end the Phantom App or will the App running not allow the phone to operate? I am really concerned about this and I can find nothing about it anywhere. I apologize for all of the stupid questions but I am very very new to all of this. Thanks so much.

If you will get a call the phone answer menu will pop up and you will lose a picture from phantom because the dji app will be sent to the background. On that menu you can reject a call or maybe answer it through a speaker. It is up to you. When you done the phone menu will be shut down and dji app will pop up back like nothing was happend. I hope that's help.

kymedic121 said:
Ok, yet another newbie question. I will be using my Samsung Galaxy Note II as my monitor while flying. What happens if you get a phone call while you are mid flight? Will this end the Phantom App or will the App running not allow the phone to operate? I am really concerned about this and I can find nothing about it anywhere. I apologize for all of the stupid questions but I am very very new to all of this. Thanks so much.

Your call pops up, you either accept or decline, then click the back button to return to the Vision app. I talk on my phone (via bluetooth) all the time while I'm flying. Doesn't seem to affect things at all. Another nice thing is, by having the bluetooth in my ear, I can't miss the low battery alert.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the input. While looking at all the settings this phone has I found on the Note II where I can "reject all calls" I believe that setting will allow for wifi to stay on and my phone will never ring. Just have to remember when done flying to turn it off or risk a but chewing from the little lady. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20