Using Phantom as hand-held camera?

Reaction score
Hey all - GF asked if I could film some things at ground level with my P3P in 4k. Seems to me that the gimbal would try to keep the camera facing whatever point it started at, thus would be hard to move around people in a circle - anybody done this? Any tips?

Thanks all!

Somewhere there is a post of a guy flying through a forest, just crazy till he admitted he was walking/running with his Phantom, quite good, see if I can find it

No kidding! So "yaw"-ing the drone by hand works? All I needed to know! I figured the gimbal would try to keep it steady...awesome!

Have done this in a crowd of people. Took the props off and just walked around them. Raising and lowering the drone as i went .,it all turned out great. Plus the wife was seeing what i was filming as i walked.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Works great, did it "flying" into some old mines openings in the Big Bear area, planned to cut it into the aerial footage, but haven't done any editing yet...

Just be careful when looking down into a shaft, the shoes in the frame are a dead giveaway.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Have done this in a crowd of people. Took the props off and just walked around them. Raising and lowering the drone as i went .,it all turned out great. Plus the wife was seeing what i was filming as i walked.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
That would be a situation where you would not want the Drone following the lovely young woman in the crowd

The Nether world

I took a very tiny rope example 36 inches long (1 meter) tied the ends together and put the drone in the middle I then took the rope in the front and the back of the drone and that made it
the cost is around $ 0.25 cents

Oddly enough you can buy a handle that straps to the drone and use it but.. You have to clip the handle on to the props which I don't like the idea off
1481986980041.png

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

(Does it include a drone?) (wide eyed look)

Neon Euc this looks nice but I would be afraid to attach somethings to the motors while the rope hold the drone a better way
and beside the rope cost only $0.25 cents. I can hold the drone with one hand and hold my ipad air 2 in the other one.
This is not something people uses often.

I totally agree. I would rather have Velcro going under the drone to carry. To much weight dangling of the motors. It is said tho this is the same kind of pressure that the bird goes through anyway as the props lift it up which I can understand but still... I rather not do this option

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yesterday I walked around my living room just to show my wife how the gimbal kept the picture steady. Now I have a 1 minute, 7 ft, flight logged in the Go app. o_O

Reactions: Neon Euc
Yesterday I walked around my living room just to show my wife how the gimbal kept the picture steady. Now I have a 1 minute, 7 ft, flight logged in the Go app. o_O
Did it's visual positioning sensors avoid the wife?....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31