Using Phantom Advanced Camera on Professional???

Reaction score
Hi guys

Having a spot of bother and thought you guys may be able to help after not finding much info online on the matter.

As the title says, I have my P3 professional, the camera was broken on it so I sold it a while back, having ordered a replacement from DJI I've waited months now and apparently it won't come for another month so I've refunded my money as I'm loosing the will to live. Want to get a ADV or Standard camera instead.

Can you stick a std/adv camera on the professional? I know a firmware may be updated but from what I've seen online it is possible but wanted to check properly with the chaps on here.

What happens on the DJI Go App, will it say advanced or professional when it loads etc?

Thanks a lot guys
Lewis

And also one more question that is baffling me a little bit.

DJI Phantom 3 4K Camera - £259.00 pounds on the website?

But there is a P3 professional 4K camera at £299.00 pounds? Whats the difference between them?

As there is the advanced camera clearly that is £229.00 pounds so what is the above 4K one?

As far as I was aware the standard is 2.7K the advanced 2.7K with better frame rates and the professional with 4K.

So what is this middle ground one that says 4K and can I purchase it as a replacement for my P3 professional that I've just had to refund, the wait time for this 4K camera is 7 days vs the infinity 20-25 (more like 2 months I waited) for the professional.

Rant over.

The 4k (non pro) is not compatible from what I've read. It's wifi like the Standard, but the Pro and advanced are interchangeable. I'm looking for one too. The airframes are the same on the pro/adv.

The 4k (non pro) is not compatible from what I've read. It's wifi like the Standard, but the Pro and advanced are interchangeable. I'm looking for one too. The airframes are the same on the pro/adv.

Thanks for the reply. I was aware there was only one 4K model which was the professional?

How does the other one differ?

Apologies I'm just getting into drone footage etc.

The 4k and standard use a standard WiFi, not Lightbridge. Image transmission on the 4k and Standard is limited compared to the Adv and Pro. You will be fine using an Advanced or Pro camera / gimbal.

The 4k and standard use a standard WiFi, not Lightbridge. Image transmission on the 4k and Standard is limited compared to the Adv and Pro. You will be fine using an Advanced or Pro camera / gimbal.

Thanks for your reply - but I don't understand why DJI have made a 4K camera that isn't the professional, first I've heard of this?

Can I use this 4K camera on my professional in anyway?

The wait times for professional are forever and the advanced is out of stock so leaves me with this other 4K model.

Thanks for the reply. I was aware there was only one 4K model which was the professional?

How does the other one differ?

Apologies I'm just getting into drone footage etc.
As he said there's a newer Phantom 4k. It's like a standard w/4k camera. Shorter range. You need either the Pro or Adv camera. Confusing I know. I almost sprung for a $299 4k camera, but the Pro 4k is $349

Thanks for your reply - but I don't understand why DJI have made a 4K camera that isn't the professional, first I've heard of this?

Can I use this 4K camera on my professional in anyway?

The wait times for professional are forever and the advanced is out of stock so leaves me with this other 4K model.
NO

Here are the Phantom 3 models, 4 of them in total:
Phantom 3 Standard: 2.7K Video, standard Wifi and crappy RC
Phantom 3 4K: 4K Video standard Wifi, and crappy RC
Phantom 3 Advanced: 2.7K Video with Lightbridge and nice RC (similar to the Inspire 1 and P4 RC)
Phantom 3 Pro: 4K Video with Lightbridge and nice RC

Going back to your original question. :) Yes, you can put the Advanced Camera on your P3 Pro and it will become a P3 Advanced. I've swapped cameras on my P3 Pro. You CANNOT swap on any other camera / gimbal body other than that, including P3 standard or P3 4K. The P4 assemblies are totally different.

The P3 Pro will either be a P3 Pro with the 4K camera it came with or the 2.7K camera found on the P3 Advanced. Hope that helps...

Hie I too crush my p3p gimbal, so I got a p3a gimbal from a friend. The one problem I'm having is I can't record video or take pictures, the image is being clearly transmitted but when I press record it just beeps and nothing happens. Do I need to downgrade the aircraft and remote to advanced and how do I do it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik