Using P4 batteries on both P4 and P4P

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a P4 with spare batteries and all firmware is up to date. I just got a P4P and figured I 'd use the P4 batteries with it.
I upgraded the firmware on the P4P and when i inserted my P4 batteries in, it showed the "inconsistent firmware found" notification on all of them so i updated them fine. Now the thing is that when I inserted those batteries back in my P4 it also showed that notification. So i updated again on the P4. Then to test, I reinserted them in the P4P and again, the "inconsistent firmware notification" reappeared!!! Is that how it's supposed to be? Every time i switch aircraft on these batteries i have to update the batteries' firmware? Any solution or workaround?
Thank you kindly in advance.

They are a slightly different battery, but will work in both. P4P battery is suppose to have slightly higher voltage and about 3-5 min extra flying time I think. I traded in my P4 for the pro and had to do firmware update and now they are just fine. Hope that helps.

They are a slightly different battery, but will work in both. P4P battery is suppose to have slightly higher voltage and about 3-5 min extra flying time I think.
Same voltage, just increased capacity.
P4 battery
Capacity 5350 mAh
Voltage 15.2 V​
P4 pro battery
Capacity 5870 mAh
Voltage 15.2 V​

Hi! I know this but my problem is that every time I switch the batteries between drones, I have to update the battery firmware. It seems the battery firmware is not in sync with P4 and P4P firmwares.
I learned that DJI know about this problem and are working on a fix.

Reactions: rlphoto69
Hi! I know this but my problem is that every time I switch the batteries between drones, I have to update the battery firmware. It seems the battery firmware is not in sync with P4 and P4P firmwares.
I learned that DJI know about this problem and are working on a fix.
I have 2 P4Ps and when I swap the same battery between aircrafts, it prompts me to update the firmware each time.

That's weird! Is that battery the new extended capacity?
Good question! :cool:
I'll bet the answer is no, but there was also a new P4P battery update, too, which may have happened in between battery swaps, if the aircraft firmware was updated. Once the P4 battery has been updated for the P4P, it's good in either a P4P or P4, but the P4 will want to downgrade it, so just ignore that prompt, as it doesn't recognize the P4P update, but it is still compatible. At least that is what I have been told. Swapping an upgraded P4 battery between two P4P aircraft after updating it should also be fine, unless there has been an even newer new P4P battery update, which there recently was! Just make sure it is the same fully upgraded P4 battery by labelling it as such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan