Using P3 w/Nvidia Shield / Zeiss Cinimizer Question

Reaction score
When using the Nvidia Shield Tablet with the Zeiss Cinimizers does the the Tablets display fully fill the display (edge-to-edge) of the Cinimizer glasses? On my P2+ I found that using an Android device filled the Cinimizers display much better than an IOS device. Thanks for any input. Just want to check before I pull the plug and purchase the tablet.

Not sure about cinimizers but i can tell you the Nvidia Shield is a superb tablet, no screen lag or anything, the screen size is just the right size too. Love it.
14tu1xl.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
The Cinemizers work great on the Nvidea Shield.

The field of view is smaller on my iPad, but larger on iPhone and the Shield.

I don't know of any other device that has HDMI out.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Fplvert, that's what I wanted to confirm. I'm not going to wait on some sort of HDMI conversion kit that has been rumored, I'm going to move forward in getting the shield tablet. I didn't like using the IPad with it due to the small display, always preferred the android tablet on my P2+. But the Samsung Tablet I have for the P2+ won't work with the P3. Too old I guess, and doesn't have an HDMI port anyway!

Reactions: Fplvert
The Cinemizers work great on the Nvidea Shield.

The field of view is smaller on my iPad, but larger on iPhone and the Shield.

I don't know of any other device that has HDMI out.View attachment 18882

So that's really awesome, you're able to use these glasses with your P3Pro?

Could you please be so kind as to tell exactly which models of what you are using, i.e., what is that tablet and what are those glasses?

Thanks a lot!!

So that's really awesome, you're able to use these glasses with your P3Pro?

Could you please be so kind as to tell exactly which models of what you are using, i.e., what is that tablet and what are those glasses?

Thanks a lot!!

These are the goggles, spendy, but super nice picture, decent sound (movies/video/games ect.) and individual diopters for each eye.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/search?N=10897069&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi

I have a variety of cable adapters which allow them to connect via HDMI mini/lightning, mini USB, or HDMI standard. Got them from B&H.

This is the tablet, I went with the 32gb unit. Btw, the picture and stereo speakers are great!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834762002

Good luck!

So with these, you can see the image / live view from the copter on the glasses? How e.g. do you then operate the copter which, on the tablet, would be some "taps" while your eyes are obscured by the glasses? Thanks!

Fplvert,
One more question. Will the Zeiss glasses plug directly in the Shield or will I need some sort of adapter to get from Standard HDMI to Mini HDMI? Thanks.

eMax,
I wear my Cinimizer's like you would reading glasses. Low on the nose so you can still have LOS and tap screen of Tablet as needed.

has anyone tried the cinemizer glasses with a hdmi adapter on an iPad ?

These are the goggles, spendy, but super nice picture, decent sound (movies/video/games ect.) and individual diopters for each eye.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/search?N=10897069&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi

I have a variety of cable adapters which allow them to connect via HDMI mini/lightning, mini USB, or HDMI standard. Got them from B&H.

This is the tablet, I went with the 32gb unit. Btw, the picture and stereo speakers are great!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834762002

Good luck!
Something is going on when a 1 yr+ tablet sell for almost double its retail price. Even more so knowing that the new tablet is arriving next month.

has anyone tried the cinemizer glasses with a hdmi adapter on an iPad ?
Yes. I use the HDMI adaptor for iPad as well as iPhone (P2V+) and it works with the Cinemizers.

I have to use the Nvidea shield for P3 though.

Here is Vision setup.
image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers