Using Nvidia Shield K1 with Polarized Glasses

Reaction score
I have a very expensive pair of prescription polarized sunglasses. When they are on I can't see the screen of the Nvidia K1. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks for the help!

Lol I have the same problem with seeing my sat nav screen, short of not wearing polarized glasses I'm not sure there's an answer?

Try this.....
a6254d1bd26ef9567a6b74c9f7f723cd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Seriously....I have to use this here in Dubai as there is no chance of seeing my iPad screen without it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have a very expensive pair of prescription polarized sunglasses. When they are on I can't see the screen of the Nvidia K1. Does anyone know a solution to this?
LCD screens use polarised glass and if you have two pieces of polarised glass, rotated so they are polarised at 90° to each other, they block out all light.http://techwelkin.com/type-degree-symbol-in-ms-word-html-unicode
Try turning your screen 90° for a demonstration of how this works.
That's physics and there's no way around it.

LCD screens use polarised glass and if you have two pieces of polarised glass, rotated so they are polarised at 90° to each other, they block out all light.
Try turning your screen 90° for a demonstration of how this works.
That's physics and there's no way around it.

Or you can tilt your head so that you look at it from a different angle lol Seriously it works, but is not practical :)

I can barely see the HUD in my car with sun glasses on and tilted my head one day and voila I could read the display :)

Through lots of research I figured out a solution. If you put a tempered glass screen protector on it the polarization cancels out. I can see the screen even when horizontal now with polarized glasses on.

Conversely does anyone use polarized sunglasses to see their tablet screens BETTER when outdoors? I’ve been thinking about getting polarized clip-ons (with hope that they’re polarized for allowing light from an iPad Pro in landscape).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl