Using my drone to make money UK

Reaction score
Hi all,

Seen a few post about people making money with their drone but for a UK flyer what would I need to do for it to be all above board.

Just getting idea's for now but making money flying my drone sounds like a dream job.

Cheers guys!

You would have to attend and pass a caa certified coarse and have commercial insurance then you can apply to the caa for permission to carry out arial work.
A 3 day coarse is around the £1500 mark for starters

Wow! 1500!

Ermmm so not cheap then . . . .

I really want to take my drone up above Liverpool's Albert Dock (non commercial use) but not sure if I can just do it or need to ask someone.

Have you read the drone code yet? I very much dought you will be allowed to. Try contacting who ever owns the land best of luck

I must admit I haven't been doing it long and I have looked at sites that give you a overview of no fly zones etc. I must read through the drone code though

Obviously aware of the distances and were not to fly them etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flying Mackerel
I must admit I haven't been doing it long and I have looked at sites that give you a overview of no fly zones etc. I must read through the drone code though

Obviously aware of the distances and were not to fly them etc.
I'm not far from you bud did you find out about the Albert dock maybe to close to john Lennon airport I'm in ellesmere port and I'm just on the edge of the no fly zone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4