Using Maps Made Easy For Measuring Volumes

Reaction score
I just flew my first mission and uploaded my images to be processed using the first option on the left. Will I be able to use the resultant map for determining volumes or do I have to do something else? If this map can't be used for that, can I convert it, or do I have to do the process again?

Letting the program take over the drone and fly it was an amazing experience. I was worried it would just fly away, but it followed the course exactly.

MME should generate you elevation data as part of the basic processing. You can switch between the ortho and elevation views when looking at the map. Calculating volumes will be one of the tools that show up on the left.
I've been having an other issue with MME and would be interested in hearing some info about your map when you get it. First, do you have some point in the mapped area where you know the actual height for comparison with the map? How do they look. And second, how does the calculated average height agl flown that MME reports compare with your actual mission altitude?

I'll let you know when I've worked with it a little. I'm a little disappointed in the rendering, though. There are areas were a sidewalk was broken up and shifted and curbs shifted by almost a foot. Is that normal? Also, the roofs of a couple of small buildings look terrible and "twisted." The photos were taken from about 150' and the buildings were only one story. I had 80% overlap.

Hmmm. My maps may sometimes be shifted as a whole relative to the reference map, but everything within the map lines up pretty well with other items in the map. Are these near the edges where you might have a reduced number of looks?

I'll post a link, but I can't get "public hosting" to stick. I click on the red X but there is no way to save my choice for "public hosting" and when I reload it's disabled. What do I need to do?

It's a 2 click process. Click on the red x then on the public check.

Thanks. I posted that map link in the other thread. Please let me know what you think of the results based on your experience. I did examine the original photos and they looked great. Overlap was 80% I think.

Will I be able to use the resultant map for determining volumes
Out of curiosity, what kind of volumes were you going to try and measure here?

After looking at your map, I'd be curious to know if all of the elevation data in your EXIF files looks right. Are there any major busts or changes in the assumed elevations recorded by your UAV? I can only guess how the MME software works, but without the use of GCPs, it's likely that it takes some of that elevation data into account and then tries to bend the model to make it all fit. Just a thought.

I got this discussion mixed up with another one. I was not looking to measure volumes in this case. I'll have to go through that data. I just started doing this, so I'm not sure yet how to access elevation data.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers