Using Lens Correction Outside of Photoshop?

Reaction score
Howdy! First time poster here. Just got my Phantom Vision 2+ last week and love it.

I have a question about lens correction. I have been using the DJI profile in Photoshop. But it is Soooooooo. SLLOOOOWWWWW to have to re-render and then import into iMovie to assemble my clips.

Can the lens correction profile be used in any other apps besides Photoshop? I'm using iMovie on a Mac, but I'd be open to using any other video applications for Mac that can use the lens correction profile.

Thanks!

EDIT: Or, is there a way to not get the lens distortion in the first place? Just want to make sure I'm not missing an important feature that could save me much time...

I have used Prodrelalin (gopro generic setting) but I lost quality when doing lens correction and it still took a long time.

Now I do all all my editing trimming etc in Photoshop to get the clip down to a manageable size before exporting, a 1.30min clip takes about 10 minutes to process and export using an i5 windows 7 laptop.

NOTE: Do all your editing before you convert the file into a smart object as you lose some settings such as slowing down parts of the clip once you have converted it into a Smart object ready for lens correction.

If you are used to using iMovie for editing just trim the clip as much as you can before doing the lens correction and exporting so you are not wasting time converting footage you wont use.

GoPro has a free software.
Also this is free : http://www.gimp.org/ for image manipulation
There are also settings in AfterEffects Adobe

Rendering always takes a bit of time. Break it down into shorter length clips when videoing or when editing.

Got it, thanks folks. I guess I'll just trim the clips first so it doesn't take so long.

I was hoping that maybe you could just use the lens correction somehow in iMove or Premiere or some other video editing program.

Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl