Using gps trackers

Reaction score
There are many discussions on which gps tracker but I have a different problem we all have faced. Since
you must have cellular data service at any where from $5-10 a month I wonder if anyone knows whether
you can just swap the sim card out of your phone to the tracker during the flight. If lost, I could use my wife's
phone for tracking. I have ATT through Consumer Cellular and recall that swapping the sim card provided voice
to my other phone but Data required additional setup in phone. Anyone know if these trackers will allow this.

Leonard

Late to the party answering, but Trackimo no you can't, I can say definitively.

Thinking about getting a trackimo. I bought a rfv16 gps tracker but can not get it to work with h2o or At&t SIM card. Trackimo has a 2g & 3G model. The 3G is $50 more but thinking 3G is way to go but they come with SIM card so was wondering if either work as trackimo sells both. Going to call them tomorrow and ask what they recommend. Thanks for any input. Ps I would not recommend the rfv16 as it says offline with all SIM cards so far.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thinking about getting a trackimo. I bought a rfv16 gps tracker but can not get it to work with h2o or At&t SIM card. Trackimo has a 2g & 3G model. The 3G is $50 more but thinking 3G is way to go but they come with SIM card so was wondering if either work as trackimo sells both. Going to call them tomorrow and ask what they recommend. Thanks for any input. Ps I would not recommend the rfv16 as it says offline with all SIM cards so far.

I just ordered a NUZZLE pet collar for $169 that is gps/cellular based but has no monthly fee. Not sure about weight and it is a startup so some risk that if they don't make it that the included cellular
access could be lost. Uses 3G and not much more expensive then a 3g Trackimo. Two to three week
delivery but will report on it once I have it.

The trackimo works great. It can pinpoint its location and tells me the speed of drone flying and it just works fantastic. Very happy with purchase.

Very curious how the nuzzle works for you.

Still waiting for the Nuzzle, ETA is first part of Feb. However I am also checking out another option that members may want to look at. It is a company that offers bulk sim cards for things like power
meters etc with a very low monthly rate with no voice service. The is hologram.io and I chatted with
them a little and was told that they currently provide sims to several Drone owners. Will try to get more info and if it sounds promising will post it.

Reactions: The Ghost
I just ordered a NUZZLE pet collar for $169 that is gps/cellular based but has no monthly fee. Not sure about weight and it is a startup so some risk that if they don't make it that the included cellular
access could be lost. Uses 3G and not much more expensive then a 3g Trackimo. Two to three week
delivery but will report on it once I have it.
Since it's a startup, what happens if they go out of business? If they are handling the cellular bill, if they go away the service will end.

Since it's a startup, what happens if they go out of business? If they are handling the cellular bill, if they go away the service will end.
You are correct, that is what I pointed out in the post. Tracker has a two week free trail so I may end
up sending back. I also just ordered a sim card from "Hologram.io" that's main business is providing
service to companies for their IoT products like residential power meters. Rate is 40 cents a month plus 60 cents/mb. Is sms and data only, no voice. You can use a 2G or 3G device and it appears to
run on Tmobile in North America but they cover over 100 countries. I have a chinese tracker and will report if the Hologram card works in that device. Sim card was $5 plus about $6 for shipping.

Reactions: The Ghost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik