using drones for good in the philippines

Reaction score
Micromappers is a crowdsourced humanitarian mission.  Identifying visual elements and marking them for review by the organizers.  Tweeting and promoting efforts like this help the business / Drone and UAV perception by getting the public involved in the positive aspects of drone use.

I highly encourage you as a Pilot / supplier to tweet and post about this to get the word out that Privacy issues and Dangerous Pilots aren't the only facets of our business.

Also, if you know pilots / or are a pilot in the Philippines then please contact me and I will forward your info to the organizers.

Link:
http://micromappers.wordpress.com/2014/ ... er-primer/

------------------ original email--------------------------

Dear MicroMappers,

We are now officially launching the MicroMappers expedition to the Philippines! As noted in our earlier blog posts here and here, the purpose of this deployment is to assess the impact of Typhoon Haiyan on coconut trees (over 30 million were destroyed by the Typhoon) and thus the impact on local livelihoods. To start your digital humanitarian efforts, simply click on the link below:

Link: http://clickers.micromappers.org/app/MM_RemoteSenseClicker

Important! We may need to complete the above deployment by Saturday (instead of Sunday). This is because we will likely need to launch another MicroMappers deployment on Sunday due to the massive Category 5 Typhoon that is on a collision course with the Philippines. Super Typhoon Hagupit, also referred to as Super Typhoon Ruby, may be as powerful as Typhoon Haiyan which destroyed those 30+million trees. The deployment in response to Typhoon Ruby will likely be similar to the one we did last year after Typhoon Haiyan, which you can learn more about here.

We are directly in touch with the United Nations in the Philippines and will keep you posted on our response to Typhoon Ruby via this MicroMappers e-mail list.

Thanks for your help in supporting these important disaster relief efforts!

Your MicroMappers Team,

Patrick, Ji, Jus, Peter, Heather

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers