Using dorne as hand held camera

Reaction score
hi guys

i did some small video for my work place - of course footage from the sky is absolutely fine, but i wanted to do some close up to some heavy farm equipment but i didn't have balls to fly around it and decide to use drone as hand held camera.

I thought if dji created osmo 4k camera with gimbal i can do something similar ( use drone with gimbal to take close up footage ) - quality of picture is very good , but my concern is:- when im walking you can see on the movie that im walking (camera is bouncing a bit ) footage its not so smooth like sky one.

is anybody have idea if i will buy osmo to do land part of the movies i will have this same problem as osmo's camera is base on gimbal as well ?

just the quick thought which is stoping me form spending another 400£ on another toy .

thanks

A.

link to footage:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not bad.

You do have to walk slow and smooth and pan slowly.
I have shot the inside of a lake home like that(by hand holding) even made it look like I flew over the bar even though I had to swap hands around a post at the end of the bar. It can be done.

Also when you shoot the combine grain head, shoot the same angle you did, but pan back at or near the center of the head and continue walking until you get to the other side of the Combine since you were going to film it anyway. It gives a much nicer effect.

Other than that, pretty darn good, just show what is most important to the viewer when you skim the equipment.....model number/hitches/hydraulics/belts drives, etc.

Reactions: arkadek1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.