Using Aux power cable for gimbal?

Reaction score
I am thinking of next going for a Aeroxcraft gimbal. This would be connected via the Aux power cable from the Phantom. But while searching through some threads I found one where the Aux power cable burnt out after being overloaded by the Goodluckbuy gimbal! Is this a common issue or just related to some makes of gimbals? Would the Aeroxcraft be safe to connect?
Everytime I do research I keep finding issues!!

cheers

bill

Gimbals are not causing issues that people are seeing with the aux power cable. The aux power cable and even motor cables have tendency to get pinched when people put their Phantom back together incorrectly. The most common cause for this is the central screw on the Phantom's motor arm that is between the landing gear and the main body. If the central arm hole is not clear of obstruction and a screw is inserted it will pinch the cable and cause a short.

The way I fixed this was to use some liquid electrical tape on anything that draws power and then with a light amount of electrical tape secure any loose wires to the body of the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl