Using an iPhone for FPV on non-vision Phantom

vgt

Reaction score
Hey Everyone -

I have a Phantom 2, with GoPro and Zenmuse Gimbal. I would ultimately like to add an FPV setup, but I really don't want to add the giant screen. Is it possible to use an iPhone, similar to the way the Vision does?

Sean

vgt said:
Hey Everyone -

I have a Phantom 2, with GoPro and Zenmuse Gimbal. I would ultimately like to add an FPV setup, but I really don't want to add the giant screen. Is it possible to use an iPhone, similar to the way the Vision does?

Sean
Your problem is that the P2 Non Vision uses 2.4Ghz for control. So using the same frequency for a video downlink is a non-starter. Your best option is to look at a 5.8Ghz system, and there are some monitors which come with integral 5.8Ghz receivers.

vgt said:
Hey Everyone -

Sean

the short answer is no, not on a non-Vision. There are technical reasons why the Vision works how it works and uses an app/iPhone, and the non-Vision series don't.

So you gotta make your own call... do you want a Vision series with ease of use, iphone app and inferior video... or do you want a non-Vision, superior video, and have to add a proper FPV kit with display. btw, that proper FPV kit I mentioned will run you almost exactly $400 total.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic