Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. wave7373

hello I just wanted to see if anyone else who owns an I1 and a p4 does this??? I have been using my same modded remote for both my black edition pro and my p4. I'm thinking of selling the p4 remote because I don't use it.
    Is there any drawback to going this route?
    Any and all comments appreciated.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

I sometimes use my Inspire 1 remote controller with my Phantom 4. There are no drawbacks to using it. One benefit is that the Inspire 1 remote controller has a GPS receiver in it.

3. John Locke

Don't sell the P4 remote! You can't upgrade the P4 craft firmware without it, the Inspire RC won't work for that. Also, you cannot see the version of firmware that's in the P4 in the "About" section of the GO app when using the Inspire controller, you'll need the P4 RC to do that too. Other than those two caveats, the Inspire RC works great for flying, it works way better than the P4 remote for a solid signal to easily get a 2+mile range (stock antennas), as you have likely discovered. A $19 windsurfer that slips over the antennas can take you out to 3mi.

You'll likely want to sell that P4 with an RC when the P5 arrives. Just a guess...:p

#3 John Locke, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016