Using an Inspire 1 remote with p4

Reaction score
hello I just wanted to see if anyone else who owns an I1 and a p4 does this??? I have been using my same modded remote for both my black edition pro and my p4. I'm thinking of selling the p4 remote because I don't use it.
Is there any drawback to going this route?
Any and all comments appreciated.

I sometimes use my Inspire 1 remote controller with my Phantom 4. There are no drawbacks to using it. One benefit is that the Inspire 1 remote controller has a GPS receiver in it.

hello I just wanted to see if anyone else who owns an I1 and a p4 does this??? I have been using my same modded remote for both my black edition pro and my p4. I'm thinking of selling the p4 remote because I don't use it.
Is there any drawback to going this route?
Any and all comments appreciated.
Don't sell the P4 remote! You can't upgrade the P4 craft firmware without it, the Inspire RC won't work for that. Also, you cannot see the version of firmware that's in the P4 in the "About" section of the GO app when using the Inspire controller, you'll need the P4 RC to do that too. Other than those two caveats, the Inspire RC works great for flying, it works way better than the P4 remote for a solid signal to easily get a 2+mile range (stock antennas), as you have likely discovered. A $19 windsurfer that slips over the antennas can take you out to 3mi.

You'll likely want to sell that P4 with an RC when the P5 arrives. Just a guess...:p

Last edited:
Reactions: John1960
Don't sell the P4 remote! You can't upgrade the P4 craft firmware without it, the Inspire RC won't work for that. Also, you cannot see the version of firmware that's in the P4 in the "About" section of the GO app when using the Inspire controller, you'll need the P4 RC to do that too. Other than those two caveats, the Inspire RC works great for flying, it works way better than the P4 remote for a solid signal to easily get a 2+mile range (stock antennas), as you have likely discovered. A $19 windsurfer that slips over the antennas can take you out to 3mi.

You'll likely want to sell that P4 with an RC when the P5 arrives. Just a guess...:p
After reading here my gl658a will work with my new P4P, I couldn’t get it to connect with my P4P..is there something I need to do to get the inspire 1 v.2 remote to work with my P4P?

I couldn’t get it to connect with my P4P..is there something I need to do to get the inspire 1 v.2 remote to work with my P4P?
The Inspire 1 v2 remote controller is not compatible with the P4P.

Thanks for clearing that up..of course, I’m totally disappointed! The 300F Rc just sucks.
Not true, the GL300F rocks. I have a 5 mile range with true LOS connection, but I rarely fly past 3 miles. You must not be using it right. You need to fly 5.8Ghz band AUTO. Use a Windsurfer on flights over 1 mile to maximize signal integrity. Make sure NOTHING is between you and the craft, including trees. Point the Windsurfer at the craft. P4P with GL300F is the best Phantom yet!

Reactions: Onemanshow
Not true, the GL300F rocks. I have a 5 mile range with true LOS connection, but I rarely fly past 3 miles. You must not be using it right. You need to fly 5.8Ghz band AUTO. Use a Windsurfer on flights over 1 mile to maximize signal integrity. Make sure NOTHING is between you and the craft, including trees. Point the Windsurfer at the craft. P4P with GL300F is the best Phantom yet!
Nope,not where I live..lots of trees and valleys. My Mavic flies farther with very little if any video disruption. Same with my inspire 1 v.2..the P4P is the most "stressful" drone I fly, including my Spark and Bebop 2..

So are we saying that a Tx for my Inspire 1 V2 will work with my Phantom 3 Pro? How did I not know this?

So are we saying that a Tx for my Inspire 1 V2 will work with my Phantom 3 Pro? How did I not know this?
Yes, If you have a GL658A, B, or C, that will work with a P3P and P4A craft. It may help range a little too. It will really help the range a P4 craft, as the GL300C controller that comes with the P4 is anemic, much less transmit power than the GL658A. The GL658A provides about 50% more transmit power than GL300C when linked to a P4 . I retired my GL300C early on and now fly my P4 with GL658A exclusively.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes, If you have a GL658A, B, or C, that will work with a P3P and P4A craft. It may help range a little too. It will really help the range a P4 craft, as the GL300C controller that comes with the P4 is anemic, much less transmit power than the GL658A. The GL658A provides about 50% more transmit power than GL300C when linked to a P4 . I retired my GL300C early on and now fly my P4 with GL658A exclusively.

I need to figure out which controllers I have. The main reason is because I use the Titan Drones Command Case and I have been reluctant to modify the Inspire remote. Now that I think I can use it on both aircraft I'll probably go ahead and modify it to work with the CC system.

Thanks for the information.

I need to figure out which controllers I have. The main reason is because I use the Titan Drones Command Case and I have been reluctant to modify the Inspire remote. Now that I think I can use it on both aircraft I'll probably go ahead and modify it to work with the CC system.

Thanks for the information.
I have the Titan Drones Command Case and I use the Inspire controler. Works fine!

Reactions: BigAl07
I have the Titan Drones Command Case and I use the Inspire controler. Works fine!

I should have modded my Inspire Tx this way I would have only paid 1x but I've put it off and now it's time to pony up and mod the Inspire one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20