Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

using adapter to quickly move sd card videos to iPad

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by superfunk, Mar 13, 2016.

1. superfunk

Has anyone tried to use this adapter to more quickly get your videos from your micro SD card onto your ipad?

http://i.imgur.com/HgzmoHB.jpg

I tried, but after I import the video to my iPad, when I try to play the video, I get an error message saying "Unsupported Video Format. This movie cannot be played because the video format is not supported."

The video format is .mov

Thanks

2. Spaldeagle

I have used a similar adapter to download vids from my gopro cards. I found that the 4k vids would not work. I had a similar error message.
    Are you shooting in 4k?

3. superfunk

I haven't tried 4K. I can't even get 1080p videos to work. I even emailed myself a video I took on my iphone, transferred it to the sd card, then tried to import to ipad, but that didn't work either.

4. Wolfiesden

Why not just plug the SD card into the slot on the iPad. Thats what I do on my Galaxy or my nVidia shield. Oh, thats right, your iPad doesn't have an iSlot. Heh. There's that Apple user experience centered design again. They really have the edge in user convenience design concepts. o_O

5. Banjonut

That is what I am using and it works fine. Perhaps you can do a test with the other video format and see it it works.

6. Wolfiesden

Did you let the Phantom fully write the video to the card at the end of the flight? I had shut the bird down while the video was still recording and it corrupted the video on the card. Could that possibly be an issue here?

7. SpaceDan

yes i did let it fully write to the video card

8. Suntana

Try using MP4 Format, works for me. I just do amateur vids using iMovie. I was almost in tears laughing at Wolfiesden's comment, he's right!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

9. DCB

DCB

I use the Apple SD card adapter and it works fine.

10. PEEFA

I got a different one tho yours. I bought it to transfer photos to a pc. It copied the pics but changed all the file names to Chinese script on the sd card. Could play them on pc lol. It was a very cheap item mind you. I haven't tried putting them back on iPhone but I assume it will be Chinese script

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app