Using a tablet on the Vision 2 + Remote

Reaction score
Made a simple attachment to hold a 7 inch tablet so my failing eyes can see . Just a simple plastic box, with some grooves cut in each side so the clamps can hold it. Then use velcro to attach. Works a charm.

Attachments

• Clamped box to hold a 7 inch tablet.JPG
    Clamped box to hold a 7 inch tablet.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 545
Reactions: BlackHawk388
Nice root gold berg. Found that a .39 cent wall light switch cover with Velcro will do the same thing and you don't have to cut groves as the edges are curved and the clamp grab it really good. Nice thinking,,

I found that the larger tablets tended to rock back and forth a bit (especially with my large foamcore sunshade attached) because I couldn't get the tablet clamp tight enough on the smooth chrome attachment rod. I purchased a second clamp for the other side and now use two clamps to hold my tablet rock solid with two footholds.

Reactions: hot dog and tcope
Hey Mapmaker53. I am CYCO. Would you be so kind as to post a picture of your dual clamp setup? Thanks in advance, appreciate your efforts.

I'm pretty happy with my solution for the ipad air 2 as well, without any Velcro or modification of the original holder. I wanted to be able to use the ipad without taking it out of the cover, and figured I'd have to diy it to get something I am happy with. 100% home made with nothing but hot water and polymorph plastic, cost price about a dollar or two!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

We sell Tablet adapters to suit Nexus 2013 and Mini Ipad Tablets.
We also sell them for the Hudl 1 (UK Tesco Tablet). The Mini Ipad Clamp also fits the
HUDL 2 Tablet, but because of the weight of the Tablet we don't advertise the fact, but advise
people to be aware that the DJI Phone Clamp jaws can get forced open if when tilting the assembly with heavy weight Tablets. We hope to design a Better solution for the HUDL 2 very soon. If you try to support a Heavier Tablet in the Phone Clamp it's best to add a Gaffer Tape tether to the inboard end to stop the Tablet falling out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-Phant...p-White-/331573345038?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-Phant...n-Black-/331582906650?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I found that the larger tablets tended to rock back and forth a bit (especially with my large foamcore sunshade attached) because I couldn't get the tablet clamp tight enough on the smooth chrome attachment rod. I purchased a second clamp for the other side and now use two clamps to hold my tablet rock solid with two footholds.
Sir Where did you purchase the clamp?
Thanks.

I'm pretty happy with my solution for the ipad air 2 as well, without any Velcro or modification of the original holder. I wanted to be able to use the ipad without taking it out of the cover, and figured I'd have to diy it to get something I am happy with. 100% home made with nothing but hot water and polymorph plastic, cost price about a dollar or two!

View attachment 22732 View attachment 22733 View attachment 22734

Looks very sci-fi organic. I'll put up a photo of my duel clamp setup when I get home tonight. Someone had given me an extra clamp, but you can find them for sale on the Internet as a separate part. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201322531206?lpid=82&chn=ps

Yes. I called around and found a local distributor here in Vancouver, Canada. I'll be waiting for your pictures.

Below is my double clamp setup that will hold any tablet. I incorporate the light switch cover plate method for attaching the tablet to the clamps, but there are clearly other methods of doing this. I used a large light switch cover plate and screwed it onto a scrap piece of lexan I had in order to build it out a little bit, but anything like a piece of wood will do (maybe painted white). I then added a couple of velcro strips to the lexan and corresponding velcro dots to the back of the iPad. I chose the dot type on the back of the iPad to be able to more easily separate it from the plate, as I found using two corresponding velcro lengths held on way too strong and was difficult to separate. The reason I like using the two clamps is it not only makes the tablet rock solid but it also allows it to be centered with the controller instead of it's weight pulling to one side when using a single clamp. And I like the fact that there is no add-on extension required, so the duel clamps and switch cover plate still store nicely into my carrying case. I generally use it with my Galaxy tablet which weighs less, but here it is holding my full-size iPad.

_duelclamps.jpg _switchplate.jpg _ipadback.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tcope
Thanks for sharing MapMaker53. A very nicer modification. Well thought out. Can't way to get my additional clamp. Appreciate your effortsZ

Made a simple attachment to hold a 7 inch tablet so my failing eyes can see . Just a simple plastic box, with some grooves cut in each side so the clamps can hold it. Then use velcro to attach. Works a charm.
I use this with for my shield tablet much better! then stock setup
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435170066.554967.jpg

I too have another clamp coming, may I ask why the clear plastic piece and if you tapped it for the screws that affix it ti the switch plate?

The clear plastic piece was just a piece of scrap I had happened to have in my workshop area which happened to be just the right size that I needed. In a tutorial I had seen, the person had used a similar block of plastic (non-clear) but you could easily use a 1/4" thick piece of wood that is cut slightly smaller than the switch cover, the purpose being to build a little gap between switch cover and tablet so the clamps get a good bite onto the switch cover edge. Might work without it, but I like the clamps having a better grip. Yes, I had to drill a couple of tap holes into the plastic (in line with the switch cover screw holes) for the two screws.

An alternative to using the switch cover method is to simply use a narrow rectangular length of aluminum (found at your local hardware store), bend the end like the end of the clamp, and use 3 zip-ties to attach it to the upper jaw of the clamp. This method extends the upper clamp jaw long enough to hold a tablet. The one downside is the controller will then not fit into the typical hard carrying case afterwards if you use one. You don't need to cut such a fancy piece of aluminum as used in this video if using two clamps.

I kind of did the same concept as Mapmaker but I bought another cell phone holder on Ebay for like 3 bucks and took the top arm off and added it to my existing top arm. I had to heat the end with a torch and bend it a little bit more. It works perfect and will hold my tablet or my phone.
20150626_062614.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj