Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Using a Phantom for Reconnaissance of another PV2+ stuck on top of a tall tree

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by mohan, Apr 23, 2015.

1. mohan

So here I am giving my firend a hand to find out where his PV2+ got stuck... we knew it was up on a tree on the mountain several hundred feet up. We had used Binoculars to narrow it down had to find out the feasibility of using a bigger UAV to rescue the Pv2+. Flew out a Phantom 2 and located the PV2+ - having reviewed the footage it is not clear if we can actually do anything about it...

2. TeamYankee

Well, from looking at Google maps... there appears to be a path right to it.. You need to find a nimble young Mountain Ash scallywag to shin up and get it for a fiver!

Use a branch lopper to hack the branches.. it may be damaged on the way down but at least you'll get it back.

3. gingericeman

Exact same story with mine a few months back, stuck about 60ft up, used ladders to get about 25ft up and then chimney poles with a few brush shafts duct taped to it, managed to poke it down. The fell did the damage, broke an arm . In hindsight I would used alot of branches on the ground to break it's fall or a few fellas holding a bed sheet to cushion the fall. Good luck with it :)

4. fastsmiles

Cut down the tree, sell the firewood to pay for repairs :)

Hyssy likes this.
  5. Clipper707