Using a Normal Lipo charger

Reaction score
I have a CellPro Multi4 that I use to charge the lipos of other birds. Can such a charger be used to charge and, more importantly, put a storage charge on the DJI batteries?

I have lost 4 DJI batteries to failure. They all deplete rapidly, resulting in auto land. I'm guessing it's because I stored at an incorrect charge. There is a whole other thread about keeping a list of such batteries to give to DJI, but how do we prove we didn't store them improperly? Is improper storage even the real reason? Does anyone truly know?

You can use it as a voltage source if it is capable but no way to attach balance lead/connection to the cell pairs under the 'cap'.

I'm curious as to the actual charge profile being used on these smart batteries.
If you monitor the smart batt. voltage during charging you see a gradual increase until about 12.6vdc then shut-off.

But the true profile for a 3S LiPo is CC/CV. In the first phase you apply a Constant Current equal to 1 "C", or 5.2 amps (in this case), until the battery reaches 12.6vdc then switch to Constant Voltage and slowly decrease the current, while maintaining the 12.6vdc, until near zero current is being drawn. This is typically 1 hour when the charger is able to deliver the full 1 "C" value of current.

In this way the CC phase is completed somewhere near the 1st 30-40 min. of charging as opposed to the end of the DJI charging cycle (~1.25hrs.).

This is why I'm doubtful these smart batts. are being charged as I understand the correct way to be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik