Using a monitor with FC40'

Reaction score
I am thinking to get a monitor to use with the FC40 (its is difficult to see in my telephone) Can anyone help me? What monitor? What I have to do to install it?
I am buying the iosd mini and I think that a monitor will help me to see....?

Regards
:D
Antonio

Just get a Kindle fire HD 7 inch. Thats all you need. If you want more range (further than 350 meters) you can buy a pigtail and antenna. I modded mine with a directional antenna.

The iOSD mini will not do anything on a stock FC40, you would need to add a full separate FPV setup...and it would need to be on 2.4GHz to avoid signal conflicts with the FC40s 5.8GHz control channel.

OI Photography said:
The iOSD mini will not do anything on a stock FC40, you would need to add a full separate FPV setup

True but you need only one extra item (PMU V2, which isn't very expensive)) compared to a P2 to do this so what's the problem?

...and it would need to be on 2.4GHz to avoid signal conflicts with the FC40s 5.8GHz control channel.

Not true. You can get a 1.2Ghz as well. 2.4Ghz even gives you a far better video range then 5.8 systems do, 1.2Ghz systems are also pretty powerful and still widely used.

There are some FC40 pilots here flying with full FPV, do a search. My FC40 will get a FPV/IOSD upgrade as well, soon.

amladinic said:
and what I have to get to have a full FPV for my FC40?
Can I do that?
It is possible?

Get a PMU V2 installed
Install IOSD Mini
Get yourself a transmitter and receiver set, 2.4GHz or 1.2 depending on taste (2.4Ghz are usually the same size as the 5.8Ghz versions)
Install IOSD Mini and transmitter with velcro to underside of FC40
Get power from the aux wire or one of the F channels from the Naza
Get some goggles or a screen
A 3s Lipo for the receiver and screen
Attach screen to radio with Gopro sticky mounts

Range varies from 500m to 6Km depending on what you choose

done.

Any i-pad or android tablet runs the dji fc4o app en will do the job.

I use a 7" LCD screen (£40) and a 1.2Ghz video TX (£40) as I have changed radio to my Spektrum DX7 on my FC40 runs from lipos on the rear also on the rear is the 1.2 Ghz video RX - video has miniOSD so I can see full flight telemetry on screen and range is Superb! even using stock aerials! Plus the FC40 has Groundstation. You can see it slung underneath in the rear shot. The LED is now moved for Std remote LED as comes with a Std Naza Unit.

Attachments

• WP_20141011_002.jpg
    WP_20141011_002.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 585
  • WP_20141011_005.jpg
    WP_20141011_005.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 571
  • WP_20141011_006.jpg
    WP_20141011_006.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 640
  • WP_20141011_007.jpg
    WP_20141011_007.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 528
  • WP_20141011_010.jpg
    WP_20141011_010.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 519
Reactions: dtitus6297
aartsf said:
Any i-pad or android tablet runs the dji fc4o app en will do the job.

But will not give you any information. Useless for FPV flying.
Nice for lining up shots in line of sight, within 200-400 feet but that's all.

The OP already has experience with the phone app but wants advice about a proper FPV/monitor. Pointless to advice him to use what he already uses but doesn't like.

SimonH78 said:
I use a 7" LCD screen (£40) and a 1.2Ghz video TX (£40) as I have changed radio to my Spektrum DX7 on my FC40 runs from lipos on the rear also on the rear is the 1.2 Ghz video RX - video has miniOSD range is superb even using stock aerials! Plus the FC40 has Groundstation. You can see it slung underneath in the rear shot. The LED is now moved for Std remote LED as comes with a Std Naza Unit.

Cool setup!

SimonH78 said:
I use a 7" LCD screen (£40) and a 1.2Ghz video TX (£40) as I have changed radio to my Spektrum DX7 on my FC40 runs from lipos on the rear also on the rear is the 1.2 Ghz video RX - video has miniOSD so I can see full flight telemetry on screen and range is Superb! even using stock aerials! Plus the FC40 has Groundstation. You can see it slung underneath in the rear shot. The LED is now moved for Std remote LED as comes with a Std Naza Unit.

That Spektrum DX7 you have there is that a 2.4ghz model ? and if so , how didt you get the FC40 to use it ..

Chris

I swapped the RX inside, there is a 8Ch Spektrum RX, you can see the satelite rx stuck on the rear! :)

lake_flyer said:
OI Photography said:
The iOSD mini will not do anything on a stock FC40, you would need to add a full separate FPV setup

True but you need only one extra item (PMU V2, which isn't very expensive)) compared to a P2 to do this so what's the problem?

I didn't realize there was a problem. The OP was asking about just throwing an iOSD mini on, and as I said you can't do that on a stock FC40, and even if you could just plug it in it would need a full FPV setup to see the data.

You don't have to use the PMU to upgrade the FC40 for this, you can also use the P1 upgrade board which now has 2 options for adding canbus.

Either way, an iOSD on an FC40 is pointless without the other gear.

lake_flyer said:
OI Photography said:
...and it would need to be on 2.4GHz to avoid signal conflicts with the FC40s 5.8GHz control channel.

Not true. You can get a 1.2Ghz as well. 2.4Ghz even gives you a far better video range then 5.8 systems do, 1.2Ghz systems are also pretty powerful and still widely used.

There are some FC40 pilots here flying with full FPV, do a search. My FC40 will get a FPV/IOSD upgrade as well, soon.

Yes, it needs to be a frequency OTHER than 5.8GHz, to avoid conflict with the control channel. There are several to choose from (even beyond 1.2GHz), but 2.4GHz is the most common and even the selection of those is relatively limited.

I've added full FPV setups to a couple of FC40's, I never said it couldn't be done...just not on 5.8GHz (unless you replace the control radio).

Anyone know about any built in Rx 2.4GHz, 5-7" FPV screens (with built in battery) that I can use to view feed from my Video Tx transmitting the gopro feed?

Everywhere I'm finding 5.8GHz fpv monitors!! :(
My fc40 runs on 5.8ghz.
Have upgraded the mainboard to fit a H3-3D gimbal and iOSD.
Am planning on an fpv system.
Looking at 2.4Ghz 600mW to 1000mW immersionRC or lawmate video Tx.

Cant find any 2.4Ghz FPV monitors though which I can mount to my controller! :(
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Reactions: IflyinWY
Anyone know about any built in Rx 2.4GHz, 5-7" FPV screens (with built in battery) that I can use to view feed from my Video Tx transmitting the gopro feed?

Everywhere I'm finding 5.8GHz fpv monitors!! :(
My fc40 runs on 5.8ghz.
Have upgraded the mainboard to fit a H3-3D gimbal and iOSD.
Am planning on an fpv system.
Looking at 2.4Ghz 600mW to 1000mW immersionRC or lawmate video Tx.

Cant find any 2.4Ghz FPV monitors though which I can mount to my controller! :(
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Yep, sucks to be us. I've looked and haven't found any. I hope you keep looking and find something.
I am still trying to put together my FPV setup for the FC40. I need battery powered 12 volt, constant voltage to power the TV screen I will use for a monitor.

I just picked up a P1 and it's got 2.4 control, so 5.8 FPV works. Paid $30 for camera and transmitter. Now all I have to do is decide which of the thousand monitors I want to use.

Lotsa help, aren't I? :(

Reactions: sohail99
Thanks a lot for the reply! Really appreciate it!

I dunno why suddenly all FPV monitors are leaning towards 5.8Ghz!!:(

Another possibility I see is, fatshark goggles with 2.4Ghz Rx module. But I'm afraid I might look super weird in that lol!

Thanks a lot for the reply! Really appreciate it!

I dunno why suddenly all FPV monitors are leaning towards 5.8Ghz!!:(

Another possibility I see is, fatshark goggles with 2.4Ghz Rx module. But I'm afraid I might look super weird in that lol!

Yep, unless you are hanging out at the local RC Airport, folks are going to think all sorts of strange stuff. I don't think the FAA would think much of it either, assuming you're in the US.

I think many of the new birds have 2.4 control, so that leaves 5.8 open for FPV.

Reactions: sohail99
Did you find out what it costs? I didn't see a price... :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic