using a monitor and fatshark at the same time

Ksc

Reaction score
of course I got rid of my fat shark the day before my black pearl showed up so I can't answer this for myself. I'm thinking the answer is yes though. Can you use a monitor and fat shark system at the same time. Essentially a "daddy I want to see" monitor and then the pilots fatshark system. I would think you could since the signal isn't password protect or encoded. As long as the fatshark and monitor were both tuned to the right channel, wouldn't both be able to pick them up? Which in turn means that if anyone else nearby has a monitor and is on the same channel, couldn't they pick it up too? Like old bunny ears on a TV picking up NBC, its not like NBC limited the number of people who could get the signal, it was endless.

Ksc said:
of course I got rid of my fat shark the day before my black pearl showed up so I can't answer this for myself. I'm thinking the answer is yes though. Can you use a monitor and fat shark system at the same time. Essentially a "daddy I want to see" monitor and then the pilots fatshark system. I would think you could since the signal isn't password protect or encoded. As long as the fatshark and monitor were both tuned to the right channel, wouldn't both be able to pick them up? Which in turn means that if anyone else nearby has a monitor and is on the same channel, couldn't they pick it up too? Like old bunny ears on a TV picking up NBC, its not like NBC limited the number of people who could get the signal, it was endless.

Yep, transmits in the clear, there is no pairing or authentication to speak of. You just need two receivers (or a video in\out connection between the two monitors). There are lots of amusing reports of people wardriving plane/helis using their vrx/monitors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj