Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Using a different TX/RX for P2V?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by ZonComGMZ, Jan 29, 2014.

1. ZonComGMZ

I have some questions about TX/RX so if anyone can help me out go right ahead.

As I understand it the P2V has 7 channels
    1 - Throttle
    2 - Rudder
    3 - Elevator
    4 - Aerilon
    5 - S1 Switch
    6 - S2 Switch
    7 - Camera Tilt control (If enabled)

The P2V operates on the 5.8Ghz range so any replacement TX would need to be in the same range?
    If another TX/RX would be used it would need to use a frequency range that the P2V FPV camera isn't using? No 2.4Ghz

So if I wanted to have more control (tilt, roll, camera yaw, retracts etc...) I would need a TX/RX combo with more channels on a frequency range other than 2.4Ghz so as to not to interfere with the P2V's camera FPV?

Can this be done?

I am probably looking into this too much as the P2V wasn't built for all this tinkering but I like to push things to their limit and see what I can get them to do.

2. Pull_Up

Yes. The Vision doesn't use the (ubiquitous) 2.4 control frequency because it was built around using 2.4 for data/video transmission. DJI had to effectively put together what I believe is the world's first 5.8 control system.

If you use a standard 2.4 tx/rx system then the controller and the range extender are going to be having a heck of a battle. I'm not aware of any off the shelf 5.8 control systems...