Using 5th Gen iPod Touch

Reaction score
I'm in the position where I will need a new device to connect to the Vision. My number one choice at the moment is the 5th generation iPod Touch. Seems to be a cheap option, latest software and hardware, good screen brightness.

Anyone else using these. Any issues?

Also is there a sunhood out there for it? It will fit sunhoods made for iPhone 5/5s.

tomwato said:
I'm in the position where I will need a new device to connect to the Vision. My number one choice at the moment is the 5th generation iPod Touch. Seems to be a cheap option, latest software and hardware, good screen brightness.

Anyone else using these. Any issues?

Also is there a sunhood out there for it? It will fit sunhoods made for iPhone 5/5s.

Works good, small screen for my old eyes, no built-in GPS or cell connection so when you pick Find my Phantom it shows last transmitted Vision location correctly but the blue dot for your location jumps around so it would be a little harder to move toward the Phantom without knowing your relative position to it. Otherwise I am very happy with it and all other functions work perfectly, it also saves money by not needing a 2 year phone contract.

I got an inexpensive paper notebook with black plastic divider pages and used one of the dividers to make a sunshield. Put it behind the touch, fold it over the top, it is held in place by the clip holding the touch on the transmitter. You can leave the side open to work the camera tilt function by extending it straight out beyond the touch 5 on both sides, it still shields all of the sun and its angle can be adjusted as you prefer. I think it is a better solution than purchasing a premade sunshield that can't be adjusted and may not be open on the sides.

Sounds like a good cheaper option if your needing to get a new device.

From what I have read the Vision app works better on IOS then Andriod.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj