Used Vision + or new phantom 3?

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have never owned a proper quad and was a eating buying a used vision + of a buddy. What are your thoughts on them vs buying new?

One feature I'm after to try is the follow me. (Could be cool for snowboarding or dirt biking... From my understanding the stock vision+ does not do this but there is a few apps out there that claim to do it)

ad7c87f558a87d0752b2630da2f87aec.jpg

The Litchi Follow Me works for the Vision. I suppose it would work for the Vision +.

Last edited:
Yes Litchi does the Follow Me well. I have a Vision 2+ v3 (2 actually) I bought one used. Was told it was only flown a couple times for demo purposes. Came with a case, extra battery and the usual accessories. The batteries showed the were charged 3 times I think is was. First flight took to the left hard. Everything I could do to land it safely. Did an advanced and basic calibration, rechecked all the parameters. It was set up right. I have done this all before with my other Phantom. Tried it again and same thing. Had to send it to DJI. Took 10 weeks to get back, but it was fixed. Bad flight controller and bad compass. So I guess what I am saying is.... unless I knew first hand the exact history of it, I would go new for sure.

Think of it like buy a car. Used you take a chance and will inherit any problems or potential things that need fixing. New you normally know what you have and its history. Between the two new is always the best choice. But that is really your call. Good luck with your choice.

Guy I might trade with has 2 of them. One was crashes (may be this one). There is a bend in one of the gimbal arms so he's going to swap some parts into it this week and hopefully that will fix it. (So sadly I didn't have the weekend to test it as I originally planned)

Assuming he fixes the gimbal is there anything else to look out for?

bd416f15d225aaecdabfdb67989352ac.jpg

Would be drone vision plus (I think v3?)

Controller. 2 batteries. Extra blades and the hard case for 650cdn and some car stereo install labour :)

New seems to be about double that and more if you include the case and extra battery

Don't even go there for second hand/used - the gimbal is bent & you don't know what other probelms you will inherit. I would DEFINITELY go for the new P3 without question. It is so much better AND does everything out of the box with regards to 'Follow Me' - 'Point of Interest' etc.
Just my 2 cents worth

If you just want to learn how to fly, then I would suggest buy cheap and save the risk of trashing a new phantom 3.

Hmm so he has a second gimbal he was going to give me tomorrow to fix it. I haven't given him and money as of yet as I want to make sure it's 100% working and good Togo

The bank account doesn't really want to part with 1200-1300 for a new one so 650 used seems a little easier to bite (cdn) he's also throwing in the case and extra battery but you do have me worried a bit on other potential issues! May still fix and try it to see but I see your point of possible inherent issues

I bought a used even broke p2v+ and just replaced ribbon and wish I had kept it, my p3 is complete junk !

He just gave me a second gimbal with a broken ribon cable and the one shaft part is loose. Should be able to hack the two together into one solid unit
cdcb382c959a3fa3c335b286f9511675.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj