Used prices for P3 series still high despite models being discontinued

Reaction score
We might not be seeing P3 A, P, or 4k in the shops much in the future, but there will still be tens of thousands of them flying, crashing, getting repaired and flying again. Parts and upgrades for the P3 line are innumerable in availability. Used P3s are still around $250 - $300 and I have sold dozens of used ones at that price. P3A and P3P are still fetching high used prices. Used P3A is still around $425 - $450 and used P3P around $450 - $500.

As for the P4, I have a few of them that are hangar queens because of the lack of available parts. I coudnt find a gimbal pitch motor for either of my broken ones, so there they are collecting dust until I get motivated to part them out.

DJI has not released a low end consumer drone since the P3S, and it is still a great drone for its price.

I thought that as soon as the Mavic hit the streets there would be bedlam with people dumping their P3 models, but that has not happened. I guess alot of people dont want to shell out $999 for the next model up (Mavic) just to have a hobby.

My personal opinion is that the P3P is the best value for the money. It has a great fixed focus cam, battery interchangeable with any other P3 model, extended range, and as strong as a tank. You can get a new one for $599 refurbed in some places, and thats almost half the price of the Mav. I still repair alot of P3 models, people just dont want to give them up and I cant blame them.

Reactions: Phil56
Thunderdrones, thanks for your insight as I am currently on the fence about selling my P3P and jumping on the Woot deal for a refurbed P4, for just a little bit more $$$ (probably). I have thoroughly researched the various minor (IMHO) advantages of the P4, but when all of them are added up it does make me consider the upgrade. I was ready to pull the trigger until I saw that now the P4 has been discontinued as well, as I had thought that getting the P4 would extend the difficulty in finding parts / repairs, since it was still supported. Now after reading your post, it has me wondering if the P3P isn't the better bird to stay with since it is more easily repairable, etc....

Thanks again for the post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20