Used or new p3p

Reaction score
Should I buy a used. P3p with 2 bats at 56 and 25 charges for 1100 or a new one for 1500 with 2 bats

If that's in USD, I don't recommend you buy either. You can buy a new Phantom 4 with 2 batteries for $1,299.

I would personally be concerned about the condition of the Phantom. Assuming those were the only batteries used, that Phantom could have been flown 100+ times (since the battery counter only increments after a 100% charge). If you're not sure of the condition of the Phantom and the extra 400 is still within your budget, a new Phantom might be the best option. And, you'll then have a Phantom that's covered under warranty -- which could save you much more than 400.

I would personally be concerned about the condition of the Phantom. Assuming those were the only batteries used, that Phantom could have been flown 100+ times (since the battery counter only increments after a 100% charge). If you're not sure of the condition of the Phantom and the extra 400 is still within your budget, a new Phantom might be the best option. And, you'll then have a Phantom that's covered under warranty -- which could save you much more than 400.
That's kind of my thought right now. Honestly I want the advanced it's on for 1300 with 2 batteries but of course best buy doesn't have any in store.... They have the pro with 2 bats 1500 in store this is after tax. I need want it for today have a big bbq party I want to record.

That's kind of my thought right now. Honestly I want the advanced it's on for 1300 with 2 batteries but of course best buy doesn't have any in store.... They have the pro with 2 bats 1500 in store this is after tax. I need want it for today have a big bbq party I want to record.
Dude! Really hope that you really didn't expect to pick up a Phantom and start airborne video filming the same day! You need to take the time to read (and reread) the manual, which you will have to download, charge the batteries, get the Go app on your tablet and get everything playing nice together. If it's new, you'll have to get on line to get it registered with DJI before the motors even turn on. I can't imagine anyone being able to open the box, take off and start filming over people all in the same day. Give yourself time to learn, Don't rush!

I'm in Ontario 13 hst
13% Ouch.
I would still buy the new one. Mainly for warranty reasons,these birds are complex so many things can go wrong. And you really have no idea how it was flown, and it may have been banged up with no obvious signs. I've tipped my bird several times (trying CSC upon landing) got hung in a tree and their isn't a scratch on it!
Now it flies great but I won't be surprised if I have an early motor failure (no winding discolouring at all) or something comes loose inside.

If you are an experienced pilot and can fly a couple batteries with the used bird, then I might buy used if everything checks out. But if your not experienced with this exact model you won't know how it is supposed to sound or handle/work.

When I first bought my P3P a few months ago it took me a few flights to realize my gimbal is NFG as it won't hold a straight horizon. It will be sent back in a couple weeks as our season out west is winding up and I believe Gimbal warranty is only six months.

P.S. Our Canadian big box stores will NOT allow a return once the box is open, so if DOA you will need to go through the DJI gauntlet to get it replaced. Buy from the Authorized dealer I linked to and they will replace the DOA bird. Please check to make sure that is still their policy as it may have changed.

Good luck whichever way you decide!

Go with a new one and you'll sleep better at night, otherwise you'll always wonder if there is a problem the seller didn't mention. And especially if any thing does go wrong, which is not uncommon, you'll have the warranty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl