Used new battery- drone3 gone

Reaction score
Got the P 3 end of June with extra battery. Used both until today putting in a new battery. With 6 plus minutes left I lost contact with the Done .I tried the return home and all I got on the phone at the top was that I was disconnected. Has this happened to any one else.

Got the P 3 end of June with extra battery. Used both until today putting in a new battery. With 6 plus minutes left I lost contact with the Done .I tried the return home and all I got on the phone at the top was that I was disconnected. Has this happened to any one else.

what do you mean 6 plus minutes left?

how long were you ACTUALLY flying?

Was this a new battery in addition to the 2 you got in june ?

when was last charge on it?
etc

actually, this same exact thing happened to me. Was flying for about 6 Minuetes, was about 17,000' out, was just like any other flight & all the sudden lost signal, I did not panick as it happens all the time I do long distance flights and I regain signal after a minute or 2 after it gets a few 1000 feet closer via the RTH feature, although it did not this time, 2 Minuetes passed and nothing so I jumped in my car and headed towards where the drone was, regained reception after driving towards the drone 1-2 miles, to my surprise the p3a was sitting there, even tho I have it set to Return To Home in settings @ 100 meters, if I didn't drive towards my p3 it would have sat there, lost all battery and dropped from the sky like a brick, and broke to little pieces as it was 399' high. This was the last straw, I had had the drone for 2 weeks and with no crashes the LED housing that shields the p3 LEDs was loose, and this had already happened once before, so I returned the drone to authorized amazon seller and got a full refund.
Still haven't decided if I'm getting another p3 yet, maybe I'll wait and see if a new models announced, but I sure do not miss the situation I was put in not once, but 2 times.

actually, this same exact thing happened to me. Was flying for about 6 Minuetes, was about 17,000' out, was just like any other flight & all the sudden lost signal, I did not panick as it happens all the time I do long distance flights and I regain signal after a minute or 2 after it gets a few 1000 feet closer via the RTH feature, although it did not this time, 2 Minuetes passed and nothing so I jumped in my car and headed towards where the drone was, regained reception after driving towards the drone 1-2 miles, to my surprise the p3a was sitting there, even tho I have it set to Return To Home in settings @ 100 meters, if I didn't drive towards my p3 it would have sat there, lost all battery and dropped from the sky like a brick, and broke to little pieces as it was 399' high. This was the last straw, I had had the drone for 2 weeks and with no crashes the LED housing that shields the p3 LEDs was loose, and this had already happened once before, so I returned the drone to authorized amazon seller and got a full refund.
Still haven't decided if I'm getting another p3 yet, maybe I'll wait and see if a new models announced, but I sure do not miss the situation I was put in not once, but 2 times.

This would not have happened with the 1.06.0040 firmware released now yesterday. Btw, it will not return home without a gps connection between satellite and aircraft.

This would not have happened with the 1.06.0040 firmware released now yesterday. Btw, it will not return home without a gps connection between satellite and aircraft.
Log reads
Distance 8149 ft.
Time 14 min
Max Alt 53 ft.
After my post I got a call that someone found the Drone.I had put my name ,phone number,and would give a reward on top of the Drone.The camera was destroyed and 2 of the motors are damaged.
Still wondering if the new battery case the probl
what do you mean 6 plus minutes left?

how long were you ACTUALLY flying?
Was this a new battery in addition to the 2 you got in june ?
when was last charge on it?
etc
Log read 14 minutes into flight.I charged the battery the day that I received it and flew it the day of the charge.This was a new battery,not the 2 I been using without any problems.[/QUOTE]

Got the P 3 end of June with extra battery. Used both until today putting in a new battery.
With 6 plus minutes left I lost contact with the Drone .
I tried the return home and all I got on the phone at the top was that I was disconnected.
How familiar are you with the way RTH works?
Have you practised RTH?
Log reads
Distance 8149 ft. .. Time 14 min .. Max Alt 53 ft.
After my post I got a call that someone found the Drone.
I had put my name, phone number,and would give a reward on top of the Drone.
The camera was destroyed and 2 of the motors are damaged.
Still wondering if the new battery case the problem
Where was it found? Had it attempted to return home?
There's not enough detail in your report to guess what the problem was.
Anything's possible but I would guess that your battery is about last on the list of suspects.
You can get the full flight log from the Phantom and it will fill in a lot of the blanks.

How familiar are you with the way RTH works?
Have you practised RTH?

Where was it found? Had it attempted to return home?
There's not enough detail in your report to guess what the problem was.
Anything's possible but I would guess that your battery is about last on the list of suspects.
You can get the full flight log from the Phantom and it will fill in a lot of the blanks.
Have used RTH many times. Have used this location many times which is over a golf course above trees and no buildings.It was there ,then gone

Arent you supposed to only discharge the battery to about 50% for the first flew flights?
Battery was charged at 97% at start of flight.I sent the Drone back to North America Headquarters after talking to a representative. He said that the flight recorder will show what happened.Ithas about 3 days left under warranty.

It doesnt matter how much it was charged if it was a new battery it shouldnt be discharged too much the first few flights, Had it been used before or brand new cant remember what was said.

It doesnt matter how much it was charged if it was a new battery it shouldnt be discharged too much the first few flights, Had it been used before or brand new cant remember what was said.
New battery out of the box. First time charged

I don't think battery usage is the issue here wibble. (& ignore the "best practice" argument of how the battery should / should not be used during its first few charge cycles / flights)

I'd say more likely OP error with RTH.

(A new battery was coincidental - or cannot be proved otherwise at this time)

His max height was 53 ft???.... Who flies this low at 8149 ft away???? were you flying in the dessert??

New battery out of the box. First time charged

What golf course were you flying? & Who found the P3 (a golfer??) or did finder clarify where it was found?

Did you upload your logs already? Can you share? (You'll get your answer from someone here prior to the rep you're currently waiting to hear back from!)

53 max alt around trees on a golf course doesn't sound like enough alt (definitely if your distance equates to roughly your distance out!)

Is the golf course flat? What location was the signal lost from home - by this I mean is the flight path clear when returning to home in a straight line.

What was you RTH alt set to? did you check it prior to flight?

Just because you have flown somewhere problem free many times before does not mean you will not encounter problems! (many car accidents happen when people are minutes away from home!)

You need to provide more info to justify anything different than your error.

8149 distance at 53" AGL,
Sounds like signal loss due to
interference with line of sight.

What golf course were you flying? & Who found the P3 (a golfer??) or did finder clarify where it was found?

Did you upload your logs already? Can you share? (You'll get your answer from someone here prior to the rep you're currently waiting to hear back from!)

53 max alt around trees on a golf course doesn't sound like enough alt (definitely if your distance equates to roughly your distance out!)

Is the golf course flat? What location was the signal lost from home - by this I mean is the flight path clear when returning to home in a straight line.

What was you RTH alt set to? did you check it prior to flight?

Just because you have flown somewhere problem free many times before does not mean you will not encounter problems! (many car accidents happen when people are minutes away from home!)

You need to provide more info to justify anything different than your error.
My backyard sits high above the golf course with the trees lower then line of sight. The person who called said she found it in her yard which also sits backed up to the golf course.The Drone was off to my right over the 18th hole and I had been flying it in a big loop several times before I lost the sound and sight of the Drone.I tried bring the control handle to the left and that should have brought it front of me. Could not hear or see it I hit the RTH bottom.I had the settings set at 250 feet. And that would clear all houses and trees near me.Not sure how to up load the flight logs.I will try.

My backyard sits high above the golf course with the trees lower then line of sight. The person who called said she found it in her yard which also sits backed up to the golf course.The Drone was off to my right over the 18th hole and I had been flying it in a big loop several times before I lost the sound and sight of the Drone.I tried bring the control handle to the left and that should have brought it front of me. Could not hear or see it I hit the RTH bottom.I had the settings set at 250 feet. And that would clear all houses and trees near me.Not sure how to up load the flight logs.I will try.
What R the steps to upload the flight log from a iPhone 6 to this web site?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20