Used my P2V to help FD in fire/explosives incident

Great job Peter, and great interview. I vote for you to be the new DJI spokesperson. I too will be using this to advertise to my employer the effectiveness, practicality, and cost savings of using the P2V as opposed to a multi-thousand dollar an hour heli. Don't want to put those guys out of work, but just like you guys probably experience, they are not always available. My P2V is always in my back seat.

Strong work brother! That is great stuff. The fire department I work for has expressed interest in my Phantom as well. I have made a couple cool (training) videos and we have all brain stormed on the myriad of ways we could put it to use. What it really comes down to is a couple key things..

1. Timing..being in the right place at the right time
2. Having someone who is not involved in the firefighting ops who knows how to operate it
3. Legalities (a very funky grey area that spooks the chiefs..rightfully so)

I think for eastern regions and smaller towns it works well. For us it might never happen (at least not until they figure out all the FAA regs and classes etc). Unless I'm really really lucky and going off duty the odds of me making this thing useful on a structure fire are slim. Maaaybe if we go on a wild land fire strike team. I could see that being a useful tool to see where the fire is..but will still run into the grey area stuff. I believe FAA has already grounded drones for Fed Fire and CAL Fire for now. And those are far more capable than the PV2.

So...for now we can only live vicariously through you brother. Again..SO COOL! I'm saving the links to show my fellow firman. Thanks sharing and thanks for your service.

JJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.