Use P4 without tablet/movile

Reaction score
I just received my phantom 4 and as I have Ipad 4th gen (not included in the accepted devices for P4) I was wondering if it is possible to fly the bird in visual mode, without any device.

Thanks!

You'll need to use DJI GO to register your Phantom before you can fly it. After that point, you can technically fly without a mobile device. But, I strongly recommend you don't attempt it. DJI GO provides a lot of in flight information that can help keep you out of trouble.

Reactions: Great_Lakes
I just received my phantom 4 and as I have Ipad 4th gen (not included in the accepted devices for P4) I was wondering if it is possible to fly the bird in visual mode, without any device.

Thanks!

I don't see why it wouldn't work, doesn't it have the same specs as iPhone 6?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't see why it wouldn't work, doesn't it have the same specs as iPhone 6?
No. The original iPads are nearly dinosaurs now.

I guess it might look similar on paper, but they have a different chipset (A6X vs A8).

Thanks!

You should be able to as in the DJI Training Videos the guy shows how to enter Compass Calibration mode without having a device connect to the RC.

I agree though, I wouldn't like to fly without a device as it offers to much valuable information.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl