Use p3 controller antennas on an old p2v+ for double range

Reaction score
I did the itelite/fpvlr upgrade on p3 controller and removed antennas, place just 1 of them on my friends p2v+ and doubled range! No booster app,but does use fpvlr antennas unboosted on remote. He usually got 4000-5000 ft, i've done 3 runs so far and get an easy 9000' & know it'll do a little better but its been windy on those runs. Maybe some struggling p2 users can recycle!!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442298813.858302.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442298835.986911.jpg

I did the itelite/fpvlr upgrade on p3 controller and removed antennas, place just 1 of them on my friends p2v+ and doubled range! No booster app,but does use fpvlr antennas unboosted on remote. He usually got 4000-5000 ft, i've done 3 runs so far and get an easy 9000' & know it'll do a little better but its been windy on those runs. Maybe some struggling p2 users can recycle!!View attachment 30751View attachment 30752
It's weird because the remote communicates with the p2v+ @5.8ghz and the p3 antennas are for 2.4ghz, so i would have expected worse range.

He doesn't say one way or the other but I assume he's talking about FPV range since he has those 5.8 GHz mushroom antennas on the legs too for the control. Perhaps the op can chime in and gives us some more information :)

The p3 antenna is 2.4 & i did use it for wi-fi "control".
I have (1) original antenna on receiver (1) flysight mushroom

(1) original antenna on wi-fi module (1) p3 antenna
Resulting in easy double range, not even trying to turn and go further after initial rth activates

This was just an experiment to get my friend a little more range/depth w/out sticking antennas out all over like my two ton p2v+

Yes & one stock antenna. Couldve just as easily did both(& may in the future) but was trying to keep my friends bird somewhat normal looking unlike the hideous beast i fly

Yes & one stock antenna. Couldve just as easily did both(& may in the future) but was trying to keep my friends bird somewhat normal looking unlike the hideous beast i fly
Yeah I definitely know what you mean . I'm addicted to the long range flights and my bird is only limited by the battery but I refuse to Frankenstein my bird just so I can add a couple batteries to the side. Just so I can go a couple more miles further. I'm really hoping limefuel will put out a p3 battery that's 6000 mah.

Got lots of antennas on P2v+ tried many combinations can't get past 2 miles unboosted.
Waiting for flytrex to arrive to go past three with P3

Sorry OP, it's just not clear to me what range has increased........the distance you can control the phantom? Or the distance you still get FPV video downlink?
please confirm. Thanks

I've got a p3 and I used to have a p2v+ that had bird side and pilot side mods. If got the dbs itelite antenna and it's a beast . My personal best is just under 18k and landed with 31% battery . I had full signal the whole way onky turned around because of the battery but I think 19500 ft is very doable.

Sorry OP, it's just not clear to me what range has increased........the distance you can control the phantom? Or the distance you still get FPV video downlink?
please confirm. Thanks
Louforgiveno....I forgive you! The answer is simple my friend, both!! I put only (1) p3 antenna which is 2.4 on the wi-fi module&still use (1) original module antenna, then i put (1) flysight omni 5.8 on the reciever kept (1) original antenna left on!!
PRETTY SIMPLE STUFF if you are familiar with upgrades! Hope this "put the glasses on" for ya. If your still using original antennas on ANY phantom model or remote & are not happy with the results dont be afraid to try new antenna combinations until you find what works for you!

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Louforgiveno....I forgive you! The answer is simple my friend, both!! I put only (1) p3 antenna which is 2.4 on the wi-fi module&still use (1) original module antenna, then i put (1) flysight omni 5.8 on the reciever kept (1) original antenna left on!!
PRETTY SIMPLE STUFF if you are familiar with upgrades! Hope this "put the glasses on" for ya. If your still using original antennas on ANY phantom model or remote & are not happy with the results dont be afraid to try new antenna combinations until you find what works for you!
this line "Resulting in easy double range, not even trying to turn and go further after initial rth activates" confused me as to what range was increased.
It's your grammar that threw me, not the mod itself (20/20 vision) ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic