Use of Phantom in Western Mass for real estate in the news.

Reaction score
I have had my P2V for a few weeks but have been here for a while reading up. I have seen reports in other parts of the country but was amazed to see a news report this morning about it's use in my area.

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/news/ci_2 ... ry-estates

Thought I would share this as it included comments or quotes about FAA and commercial use.

Interestingly, I can't find the video of the property.

Re: Use of Phantom in Western Mass for real estate in the ne

"Holland's drone, known as a "quad copter four" because it has four blades..." :lol:

As opposed to a hex copter four? Or a quad copter six?

Might have just been a slow news day, but I was excited to see it as well! I did get a laugh about the name of the drone though, maybe he didn't want to release his big secret of where he got his "quadcopter four" to the masses? :lol:

A roofing company in my area uses a quad of some nature. Its actually pretty smart, you call them up for a quote and they come fly over your house, get pictures, put them all into a nice full color quote flyer and give it to you in under on hour. Worlds beyond the other companies that take a week or more to get back to you with a quote. Granted its not always possible to use the quad solely. You still need boots on the roof if you are just replacing a small section because they need to make sure the wood doesn't have any rot. For roofs on houses that are 3 or more stories or are not easy to get to without a sky lift, the quad can't be beat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers