Use of booster on the remote control side to extend FPV range.

Reaction score
It has always been my understanding that booster is meant to be used on the transmitter side for the purpose of range extension. For extending the range of the FPV signal, the booster should be installed on the drone but I recently came across some articles / video in the internet ( e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUW6pg5zwc ) describing the use of boosters on the receiver side ( the unit mounted on the remote control unit for receiving the FPV signal ) In such configuration, the booster is acting as a front-end amplifier. For such arrangement to work, the noise factor of the booster must be significantly lower than that of the original FPV receiver or the booster will not be feeding useful signal but just louder noise into the receiver when the drone is beyond the original FPV range

My questions are :
  1. Is my understanding correct ?

2. The booster is a power amplifier which is designed to accept a very strong signal from a transmitter so a low noise factor is generally not a requirement. Is it just by chance that the mentioned configuration works ? ie, it works only with some types of boosters but not all ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.