USB Video Grabber

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Sorry if this question ha been asked 100's of times, I have looked but find no answer, my question is this:-

How can I get the video feed from my Phantom 2 (non vision) gopro hero 4 camera via an immersionRC 600 mw transmitter directly in to either the HDMI input or a USB input, of my laptop, preferably above 720p

Any ideas welcome
Waylander

Hi Guys

Sorry if this question ha been asked 100's of times, I have looked but find no answer, my question is this:-

How can I get the video feed from my Phantom 2 (non vision) gopro hero 4 camera via an immersionRC 600 mw transmitter directly in to either the HDMI input or a USB input, of my laptop, preferably above 720p

Any ideas welcome
Waylander

Does the Immersion RC 600 has outputs? Not a pro flyer heree!

Does the Immersion RC 600 has outputs? Not a pro flyer heree!

Hi TheAwesomeGuy

Maybe my post was a bit vague, I should have said that I want to use the A/V output of an ImmersionRcDuo 5800 Diversity Receiver, which I believe is composite video, to input to the HDMI if possible or a USB input, of my laptop, so I will need some kind of adaptor methinks...?

Regards
waylander

Hi TheAwesomeGuy

Maybe my post was a bit vague, I should have said that I want to use the A/V output of an ImmersionRcDuo 5800 Diversity Receiver, which I believe is composite video, to input to the HDMI if possible or a USB input, of my laptop, so I will need some kind of adaptor methinks...?

Regards
waylander
Now we're talking hahaha! You could buy something like this, if you need analog to hdmi.. Analog Digital Audio to HDMI Adapter Component Video YPbPr Converter HDTV HD US
Also buy a Capture card if you use a laptop.. Avermedia or Elgato.. the Only problem is the power source hehe! if you use it as fpv. :):):):)

Some other options RCA S-Video Audio to HDMI AV Converter Adapter Analog Digital R/L Audio 1080P

Now we're talking hahaha! You could buy something like this, if you need analog to hdmi.. Analog Digital Audio to HDMI Adapter Component Video YPbPr Converter HDTV HD US
Also buy a Capture card if you use a laptop.. Avermedia or Elgato.. the Only problem is the power source hehe! if you use it as fpv. :):):):)

Some other options RCA S-Video Audio to HDMI AV Converter Adapter Analog Digital R/L Audio 1080P

Thanks TheAwesomeGuy

Yes I realise that power will be a problem to some extent, the Laptop is self powered, so the diversity receiver will need power and so will the device your talking about, but that could be done with LiPo's, I was hoping to find a USB device to do the A/V bit, I realise that a USB is not HDMI capable, and may only deliver 720p, but beggars cant be choosers.. :-( so if you or anyone else knows of a set up capable of the job I'd be grateful.

Many Thanks
Waylander

Thanks TheAwesomeGuy

Yes I realise that power will be a problem to some extent, the Laptop is self powered, so the diversity receiver will need power and so will the device your talking about, but that could be done with LiPo's, I was hoping to find a USB device to do the A/V bit, I realise that a USB is not HDMI capable, and may only deliver 720p, but beggars cant be choosers.. :-( so if you or anyone else knows of a set up capable of the job I'd be grateful.

Many Thanks
Waylander

Hmmmm.. you could also try those cheap video grabber in ebay, but it will not be 720p, it will be analog for sure. You could also try some portable power supply.
May i ask what's your objective here? so that i may help you a bit further. why do you want to attached the video feed to the laptop? for monitoring? or what? recording? Streaming?

Cheers

Hmmmm.. you could also try those cheap video grabber in ebay, but it will not be 720p, it will be analog for sure. You could also try some portable power supply.
May i ask what's your objective here? so that i may help you a bit further. why do you want to attached the video feed to the laptop? for monitoring? or what? recording? Streaming?

Cheers

Hi TheAwesomeGuy

I have already tried a cheap Video Grabber from Ebay, it did not work with windows 7, 2000 or XP, and I know that my camera output (which I used to test the grabber is OK), because it works OK with the A/V in on my Black Diamond monitor.
My purpose in all of this is to Build a good clear ground station for FPV, the 7" Black Diamond is OK, but its not so easy to see details, whereas the 15" laptop screen is much better.
When you say the cheap grabber is analogue what resolution will that be, 640 x 320..? I don't know myself, also the Video output from the immersionrc Duo5800 is not specified on its product data, will that also be analogue, and if so what Res will it be...?

Any help advice appreciated.. :)
Regards Waylander

Much Eaiser to get a 10 inch android tablet and uses for the video feed. A lot lighter to monunt on the RC than a laptop too.

Hi TheAwesomeGuy

I have already tried a cheap Video Grabber from Ebay, it did not work with windows 7, 2000 or XP, and I know that my camera output (which I used to test the grabber is OK), because it works OK with the A/V in on my Black Diamond monitor.
My purpose in all of this is to Build a good clear ground station for FPV, the 7" Black Diamond is OK, but its not so easy to see details, whereas the 15" laptop screen is much better.
When you say the cheap grabber is analogue what resolution will that be, 640 x 320..? I don't know myself, also the Video output from the immersionrc Duo5800 is not specified on its product data, will that also be analogue, and if so what Res will it be...?

Any help advice appreciated.. :)
Regards Waylander

Ah i see Ground Station for fpv...you see that's the thing... you should ask the manufacturer of the immersionrc, then you'll know what to do next.. about the video grabber the resolution will be 360p or 480p not sure what the exact number.. Also the budget will come..because i'm telling you a reasonable FPV station cost $500+ if i'm not mistaken.. but the quality of that will be High Def and no latency issues will occur. Try also some other transmitter around and ask. ;)

Much Eaiser to get a 10 inch android tablet and uses for the video feed. A lot lighter to monunt on the RC than a laptop too.
The problem is with his setup... using the immersion if it has an output which the tablet can accept then good.

Hello RoyVa

You suggest a 10" Android tablet, the Duo5800 has a standard A/V output (composite Video I believe), which is compatible with all FatShark FPV gear, will the Android tablet accept an A/V input without any interfacing device (ie Video Grabber)...?

Regards
Waylander

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl