USB port on phantom?

If so where do I find it?
Assuming that you have either a P1 or P1.1.1 model Phantom, here's the link to the Phantom1 portion of the DJI website.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/download

Download each of the manuals at this link, look them over and then get back to us if you still have any questions. .

The answer to your question is in the manuals.....

usually up left inside the door, bit of a fiddle to get out sometimes

Now that should have been directed to the OP as I have a P2.

Assuming that you have either a P1 or P1.1.1 model Phantom, here's the link to the Phantom1 portion of the DJI website.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/download

Download each of the manuals at this link, look them over and then get back to us if you still have any questions. .

The answer to your question is in the manuals.....
I did read the Manuel and it shows it coming out of the right side of the back door. I bought this used (phantom 1.1.1) and was thinking something possibly happened. No need to get upset.

I just looked at a photo. I have that cable but it's not in the battery compartment, it's in the box.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440373644.302198.jpg

Now that should have been directed to the OP as I have a P2.

all I was doing was to complete your description of where the usb socket was rather than you just saying inside the battery door, as you might know it's not easy to find if it's tucked up into the arm as mine is in my v1.1.1

I just looked at a photo. I have that cable but it's not in the battery compartment, it's in the box.
obviously the previous owner for some reason has replaced the cable with that shown in the photo, easy enough to replace, open the shell and unplug the end of the cable shown in the photo with the one in the box with the usb socket on the end, you might fine that there's a small bit of glue holding the cable in the front of the shell where it's plugged in but easy to remove,

I can't understand why that cable with the white plug is there, it looks like a power cable for maybe his camera etc so before you open the shell have a good look up inside the rear left arm to make sure that the correct usb cable is not tucked right up there, might look like a grey bent cable, sod to get out sometimes, needs a hook of some sort

Last edited:

Hope the USB cable that was in the box is the correct cable you'll need since there doesn't seem to be a replacement for it. Next problem will be in finding a female to male USB cable to connect to your computer. You might even have to look for a FC 40 or P1 damaged beyond repair for the parts you need. Good luck with finding what you need.

Looks like most of this thread is missing or been removed.

I did read the Manuel and it shows it coming out of the right side of the back door. I bought this used (phantom 1.1.1) and was thinking something possibly happened. No need to get upset.

I can't tell from the picture whether or not the USB cable has been replaced or is just hidden way up in battery compartment. The USB plug is a separate cable thats usually tucked way to left to be out of the way of the battery when its inserted into Phantom. The yellow plug in the picture is a separate plug (type XT60) used to connect the flight battery to the Phantom.

Don't assume anything has happened to the USB plug and cable because you can't see it when you open the battery compartment door. It's really tucked up way out of sight (on the left) and unless your careful you can easily overlook it.

Last edited:
The Phantom's USB cable is tucked up way inside the battery compartment and can easily be overlooked.;)

What the picture shows is the XT60 connector to the flight battery.... the USB connector is a 2nd connector not visible in picture.

I think the plug the op is referring to is the white plug at top left of the opening, the rest I agree 100% with you

this is for the op, not aimed at Jason.
when you first buy a V1.1.1 there's a spare usb / mini usb cable (grey) supplied in the box to replace the one inside in case of damage to the one fitted

also supplied is another connector cable,(black) female to male to connect the the phantom to the pc, if you don't have one then the female to male connecting cable is easy to get, any pc store would have one

Brianb87, please let us know if you find the usb socket tucked up inside the leg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440460907.623011.jpg

I have checked for a USB, no luck. I think it got cut somehow. Looks very similar to the replacement.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440468073.167826.jpg

All fixed up but now I'm having issues updating it. I hit upgrade and it say it can't be complete.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20